Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do I lock my rear differential???

Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Press this button. A light will blink on your instrument cluster until it engages. Once engaged, it will remain solid and say "RR DIFF LOCK" or something like that. Assuming you have a factory locker...If you don't have this button, then you don't have a locker unless you put an aftermarket one in.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Cajun Taceaux
zeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzeeya2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
zeeya2000's Tacoma Gallery
no i dont have that button in my truck its the prerunner not the 4x4. i only have the electronic control transmission button. so what are my options for aftermarket?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
1337 h4x0r
Sirlight is on a distinguished road

Sirlight's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want it to be locked forever ? Or do you want the ability to choose ?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin has a lockright in his Ranger. Basically, it engages on it's own when the tires are slippin, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Full time lockers disengage only when one tire needs to spin faster than the other (ie turning). I have an Aussie locker and love it. No backlash and such like you get with other lockers.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #12
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Air Locker... go to www.arbusa.com and watch the videos.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Full time lockers disengage only when one tire needs to spin faster than the other (ie turning). I have an Aussie locker and love it. No backlash and such like you get with other lockers.
IIRC, the way that lockers like the Aussie work are whenever your throttle is open and power is going to the axle, the locker is engaged.

Whenever you're coasting and no power is going to the axle, the locker isn't engaged.

You'll be fine with an Aussie. The selectable feature might be nice, until your air line to the diff breaks or the compressor stops working right before you need to be locked.

IMO, ARBs aren't worth the 3x price tag over an Aussie.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
IIRC, the way that lockers like the Aussie work are whenever your throttle is open and power is going to the axle, the locker is engaged.

Whenever you're coasting and no power is going to the axle, the locker isn't engaged.

You'll be fine with an Aussie. The selectable feature might be nice, until your air line to the diff breaks or the compressor stops working right before you need to be locked.

IMO, ARBs aren't worth the 3x price tag over an Aussie.

Agree totally. I've ran lock-rights and aussies in everything I've owned. The ARB is too spendy and for me wasn't ever worth it.