Notices

Need Advice on Suspension

Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Toyota Member
RushTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
RushTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question Need Advice on Suspension

I have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with stock suspension. I am looking at the Bilstein 5100s all around and an AAL for the rear too. My tires are 265/70R/16

My question is what would I set them at? (I would like my truck to be higher but i also Drive it daily to and from work and i work in construction so it gets alot of miles.)

What would be good tires to get to Drive daily in and yet be able to go off-roading on the weekends?

Where would be the Best Place to buy all of these at?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Just got done swapping out everything on my truck (thanks to a TW group buy) and this is what I have learned...

My old set up - bone stock and worn out. My new set up - Billies all around (front at 0), OME 881's and Alcan 5 pack leafs (I was way beyond the option of an AAL).

Gained about 2" in height overall and the ride is much improved. An AAL will give you added height but will also make for a rougher riding vehicle. If your leaf packs are shot, spend the extra $$$ now and get new ones not just an AAL.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
Toyota Member
RushTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
RushTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if I need new leaf packs or not... I'll have to check it out...but where would be the best place to buy them at?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushTacoma View Post
I'm not sure if I need new leaf packs or not... I'll have to check it out...but where would be the best place to buy them at?
If they are frowning then its time to get rid of them. Mine were sagging down in the front half and just about level in the back. The new pack is just slightly upturned in the front and has a decent upward arch in the back. Check out my gallery for before and after shots to compare to your truck.

I got mine through Wheelers Off Road - the group buy was not a bad deal but you've missed out on that unfortunately. You might benefit from the threads though - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ades-asap.html
which follows my personal journey through the land of aftermarket suspensions and http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...placement.html for the group buy, lots of BS to get through but you might learn something if you have the patience to dig in there.
And ignore anything bad I have said about Wheelers and YotaDan. He was great to deal with and I would buy again from Wheelers should my truck need anything else in the future.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Get the bilsteins through Downsouth Motorsports