Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Windshield Washer Bottle

Old 07-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
RedlegETT is on a distinguished road
Army: Fire Support Operations Sergeant, 111th MEB
RedlegETT's Tacoma Gallery
Windshield Washer Bottle

I noticed my windshield washer bottle on my 2004 Tacoma is brittle and leaks fluid, has anyone had this problem and how did you fit it? can they be ordered from the dealership?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
blitz10 is on a distinguished road
blitz10's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem on my son's 03. The cap was about $6.50, didn't order the screen. I did not know it was cracked in the upper neck area till installing the cap and putting fluid in it. I bet it is expensive, but will probably order it, I like things to work right.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
not sure what year you can use, but here's one on ebay thats used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-TO...item4cf009fb39
Old 07-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I have that same problem on my 99. The neck is cracked and so is the lid. It doesn't leak fluid yet, so I'm not too concerned, and at the price they're going for a glorified water bottle I don't think I'd get a stock replacement...I think I'd rather retrofit a Nalgene bottle than pay $83 for a USED resevoir.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Go get fiber glass cloth and some fiber glass resin.

Put the cloth over the hole or crack and apply the resin by brushing it on there.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #6
cadman is just really nicecadman is just really nicecadman is just really nicecadman is just really nice

cadman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to cadman
i have a crack on the filler neck, and repaired it by cutting a few strips of silver alumimum duct sealing tape. the metal tape not the cheap cloth stuff.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
02YotaGuy has a spectacular aura about02YotaGuy has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Current Active Duty, Intel
Name: Matthew
02YotaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the same problem... But I think mine hppened when this fat old lady pulled out in front of me and destroyed my front end... So her insurance is going to fix it... I hope...
Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen a few guys that replaced the assembly with a piece of ABS tube. Works well and opens up some space. Plus with certain bumpers this looks way better/ is more functional.

I think Its somewhere on TTORA. Ill see if I can run into it here in a minute.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Wasnt on TTORA but was linked to from TTORA...

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31898
Old 07-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
you can get a new tank from the dealer! eeeesh i would be scared to go there a new cruise control cable was 104 bucks. thats a 18 inch cable! so im saying its a pretty penny.
and i have the same problem with my tank. its cracking/ breaking. i want a new one but dont need a new one yet
Old 07-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was cracked almost all of the way down. I just cut the bad part of the neck off and put duct tape over the whole. I will add a filler neck and screen soon though.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I took my washer jug out of the truck and used fiberglass cloth and resin to brace and seal up the neck.

I tried to do it with the jug installed and it was a fail

Came out nice when you can get at it and work the fiberglass like it should be done. I took strips of glass cloth about 2 in wide and soaked them in resin and then wrapped the strip around the jug neck from bottom to the top.

Beats spending 71 $ on a new jug

Looks like the failure mode is engine heat. the lower part of the jug was fine