Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water leaking into the Cab when A/C is on

Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Water leaking into the Cab when A/C is on

I was out for a ride today, it's quite humid and hot out, I found that there was a little leak of water on the inside of the cab mainly on the Passenger side, not sure where its from. It's not raining out at all so I think its condensation, the Water is fairly cool, I've checked around the other posts and the only thing I found was a plugged drain, Any thoughts?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Check the rubber hoe that the ac drains out of sometimes they get clogged with dirt. I have had it happen to me.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I find that rubber hose ?

thanks
Old 07-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Passenger side, about halfway down the firewall....You should be able to see it from the inside too, if you look under the dash on the passenger side. Its a 1" or so, diameter rubber hose.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
Check the rubber hoe that the ac drains out of sometimes they get clogged with dirt. I have had it happen to me.
ditto.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Madman View Post
ditto.
Happened to me in my 96 too... Plugged drain hose
Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

DigB's Tacoma Gallery
What is the fix? Repair or Replace?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigB View Post
What is the fix? Repair or Replace?
Clean it out.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the best and easiest way to clean it, my A/C has a odor when it is first turned on,probably not draining good.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Go Jets GO!!!!!!

DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so I cleaned out the the metal 90 degree elbow that the water should leak onto the ground outside from, didn't fix it. Then, I cleaned out the rubber hose that connects the elbow to the A/C unit that runs through the fire wall, still no fix......any ideas?? or is this something that would be best fixed by the Toyota technicians?
Old 07-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Kevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really niceKevlar1267 is just really nice

Name: Kevin
Kevlar1267's Tacoma Gallery
Check the bottom of the black box which the condensor sit in under the glove box. I had someone kick in the bottom of the box it cracked and i had water in the middle of my floor mat. If it is you can order just the bottom piece to replace from Toyota...
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
Go Jets GO!!!!!!

DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just went out and took a look, its not cracked but you gave me an idea, I banged it with my fist a couple of times and all of a sudden about 1-2 cups of water gushed out of the drain tube on the proper side of the the firewall! HA!! Who knew that would work! Lets just hope that fixed it and it doesn't happen again!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
-Don-
donaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to all

Name: Donald
donaldwagner's Tacoma Gallery
im going to go try and fix mine, im a hard core "mudder"(for lack of a better word) and i believe that is why mine got clogged, and btw damn that waters cold when it drips!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
-Don-
donaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to alldonaldwagner is a name known to all

Name: Donald
donaldwagner's Tacoma Gallery
Smile water leaking when a/c is on--HOW TO FIX

passenger side box which is full of water, and hose leading to engine bay

what needs to be unclogged

What it should look like when your done