Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

01 Prerunner Plans/Ideas

Old 07-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
whitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whitetaco01's Tacoma Gallery
01 Prerunner Plans/Ideas

Here we go. I have an 01 prerunner ext cab. Bone stock right now. Running 265/70r16 hankook all terrains (like them but need to sell to get bigger ones). Im looking to level my truck out and put on some bigger tires. As far as rims goes I like the mojave teflons, so im looking on craigs and here to buy some. I would like to put 32x11.50 on but i heard i can't put the mojave 15s on because they'll rub on the calipers. So i guess my next option is 265/75r16 with the 16 mojaves???? As far as leveling out my truck, im not putting spacers or blocks on. Thinking about 5100s in the front at 1.75 or 2.5 but not sure what to do in the back. Possibly AAL after i figure out if my leafs are flat or not. Live in socal. Shoot me some ideas and advice and it would be much appreciated. Damn long post
Old 07-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
where are you located?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
whitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im located in orange county so cal. I'm probably looking to spend like 1500 total on wheels, tires, and suspension. I'll take a look at your pro comps
Old 07-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
^ yeah those are sick that's what I'm gonna get cuz I'm gonna be stepping up to 285's. Only a few 16" alloys with 4" bs or 3.65" in this case. You got a hookup mike?

Mr.Whitetaco $1500 is just a lil more then new wheels n tires. Maybe start with good set of coilovers and new tires, then wheels. Or wheels then tires if your tires still got good life. Ah screw it get a loan and make it like mikesdoublecab's truck. Lol, a big loan.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about these. 4.5" backspacing, so will probably have to run a spacer, but thats ok.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENIOR TACOROJO View Post
^ yeah those are sick that's what I'm gonna get cuz I'm gonna be stepping up to 285's. Only a few 16" alloys with 4" bs or 3.65" in this case. You got a hookup mike?
i think $520 for a set of 4...

i need to double check...
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #9
BajaTaco96 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BajaTaco96's Tacoma Gallery

Get some spinners that look like quarters. All the cool guys are doing it.

lol

Those American Racing one's are sick, what model are they?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #10
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
i have some deaver j59 leaf springs that will be for sale soon. they r stock replacements that provide 1.5 inches of lift in the rear. they go for around 700 brand new but im lookin to get 450. pm me if your interested
Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco01 View Post
Live in socal. Shoot me some ideas and advice and it would be much appreciated.
if in So Cal, you planning to wheel that truck?

if eventually into trying some desert pre running, i would suggest looking into at least adjustable coilovers like Kings or Icons for the front... then a Deaver J59 8 leaf pack in the rear... just to get into the fun to start...
Old 07-06-2010, 01:39 AM   #12
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaTaco96 View Post
Those American Racing one's are sick, what model are they?
American Racing ATX CHAMBER
http://asp.americanracing.com/wheels...ted&section=AX
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #13
fidencio74 is on a distinguished road

Name: Fidencio
fidencio74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
i have some deaver j59 leaf springs that will be for sale soon. they r stock replacements that provide 1.5 inches of lift in the rear. they go for around 700 brand new but im lookin to get 450. pm me if your interested
How soon will you be selling them?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmmm, got some thing in the works eh?

do i smell some rear LT?
Old 07-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i should be getting rid of them within the next month or so. i picked up the rest of what i need for my rear today so i will be getting started on it very shortly. and for matt, whats LT?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #16
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if u like Eagle Alloys series 100 let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
i think $520 for a set of 4...

i need to double check...
how long is this deal gonna last mike
Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
you got a pic of them how many miles you have on them. are you willin to ship to the east coast
Old 07-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
you got a pic of them how many miles you have on them. are you willin to ship to the east coast
sorry don't want to ship. i have only put about 3k miles on them but they were on my buddies truck for another 5k. no pics because they r still on the truck. if the OP wants them hes got dibs but this isnt a for sale thread. i just wanted to see if he wanted them cuz its a better alternative to an add-a-leaf...
Old 07-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #19

Thanks for the advice guys. I wish i could get some coilovers and new UCAs but their a little too expensive right now. Starving college student. Pretty sure im going to run bilsteins on all four and eibach springs for some mild wheeling. Maybe an AAL if my leafs are ok. Stock rides like shit. I think im buying dysfunctnlretard's 16'' mojaves. Not sure what im going to set the billies at. Probably at 1.75 or 2.5 with 265/75/16 if i buy the mojaves. Anybody run the 15'' mojaves on a 1st gen? The cheaper and bigger 32s are just so tempting
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #20

whitetoblack i got to see where i am money wise before i buy anything. Ya definitely better than AAL. Your truck looks sick btw