Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

build it or not

Old 06-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
bumpy
madmat is on a distinguished road
madmat's Tacoma Gallery
build it or not

Well I am a v8 guy but I am tired of my foxbody and want to do something different. My work is saleing a 1998 tacoma 2.4l 5 speed with 272k miles, the truck is in good shape, but needs a clutch the price is cheap. I was wondering if it would be worth my time to put a new clutch in and a supercharger kit if I can find one. I am wanting a good daily drive that can run with the local street cars. Any info or ideas would be great.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
If you can buy the truck and fix it for $4000, then I would go for it.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
bumpy
madmat's Tacoma Gallery
Do they make a supercharger kit for that year and engine
Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
bumpy
madmat's Tacoma Gallery
Cool the supercharger kit looks sweet.

I have one quetion do these trucks come with a speed limiter and can they be removed?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmat View Post
Cool the supercharger kit looks sweet.

I have one quetion do these trucks come with a speed limiter and can they be removed?
Speed limiter? or are you talking about a Rev limiter?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
bumpy
madmat's Tacoma Gallery
speed limiter
Old 06-13-2008, 05:34 AM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't supercharge a truck with nearly 300K miles.

Buy it, SAS it, lock it, crawl it.