Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How can i tell if my truck is lifted?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
freeclimb10 is on a distinguished road
freeclimb10's Tacoma Gallery
How can i tell if my truck is lifted?

So i just realized my 2000 ext cab is sitting one 31" rubbers. I haveen't had any clearence issues and was wondering if there were any tell-tale signs that a lift has been installed?

Thanks for the help!
Tyler
Old 07-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
31" tires are stock
Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
There are typically two different ways a truck is lifted. One is thru bxxy lift, and the other is sxxxxxxxxn upgrades.

Figure out what those two words are, then go look at those areas on your truck. If what you see isn't factory, then you probably are lifted.

And yeah, most first gen tacomas come with 31"s from the factory.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclimb10 View Post
was wondering if there were any tell-tale signs that a lift has been installed?

Go find another 2000 taco and pull up next to it...
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
There are typically two different ways a truck is lifted. One is thru bxxy lift, and the other is sxxxxxxxxn upgrades.

Figure out what those two words are, then go look at those areas on your truck. If what you see isn't factory, then you probably are lifted.

And yeah, most first gen tacomas come with 31"s from the factory.

obvious!!! body lift and suspension upgrades!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
freeclimb10 is on a distinguished road
freeclimb10's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't realise 31's were stock. Man i love these trucks! Thanks.