LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rhino-Lined Interior

Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
rwilhite07 will become famous soon enoughrwilhite07 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ryan
rwilhite07's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino-Lined Interior

anyone rhino lined ( or herculined , any truck bed coating ) the interior of there tacoma? if so please post some pics..

the passenger floorboard of my truck is always gettin wet and the carpet is nasty anyways so im thinking of ripping it out and rhino lining it.. let me know how you like it if you have done it ...
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Not me, but that sounds like a great idea
Old 07-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
rwilhite07 will become famous soon enoughrwilhite07 will become famous soon enough
ya ive never been a fan of carpet it always gets nasty is hard to clean and holds odors and water. just seems like spend $50 on a gallon of liner and a half day slappin it on would be worth it... drill a few small drain holes and u could just wash it out with the hose. seems like it would serve as a good rust preventative also on the floorboards instead of having 15 year old wet carpet just sitting there possibly rusting my floorboards.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilhite07 View Post
ya ive never been a fan of carpet it always gets nasty is hard to clean and holds odors and water. just seems like spend $50 on a gallon of liner and a half day slappin it on would be worth it... drill a few small drain holes and u could just wash it out with the hose. seems like it would serve as a good rust preventative also on the floorboards instead of having 15 year old wet carpet just sitting there possibly rusting my floorboards.
Ya that would be a great idea, now I'm thinking about it, definetley would make your taco unique
Old 07-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
will be doing mine this weekend, was hoping to see some pics of others before i do mine but o well. now just have to find out what brand to use. i know walmart sells a truck bed coating for $40 a gallon which would be more than enough im sure but havent heard any reviews on it and i know heruliner is pretty good stuff and is about $60 a gallon at discount auto
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
will be doing mine this weekend, was hoping to see some pics of others before i do mine but o well. now just have to find out what brand to use. i know walmart sells a truck bed coating for $40 a gallon which would be more than enough im sure but havent heard any reviews on it and i know heruliner is pretty good stuff and is about $60 a gallon at discount auto
Looking forward to the pics!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
immediate problems id see is the floor is not a flat surface, its probably corrugated and has plenty of indentations and raised portions. itd look crappy if it was exposed.
washing it out would be bad because theres still plenty of electronics in the cab that are not water friendly. the carpet is pretty think (with padding) so thered be a gap from the bottom of the plastics to the new floor. insulation would also be a problem and the floor would get exceptionally hot or cold and the cab wouldnt retain its temperature as well. also, im sure theres wires and stuff that would have to be extended and moved so they didnt run in a heavy traffic area.

bottom line, probably nor your best move. buy some walmart floor mats for $15 and save the hassle
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Removing the crap under the carpet is a pain. It'll take you some time but it's worth it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
mjp2 what coating did you use and how is it holding up?

it looks good and did u just roll/brush it on ?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Durabak, and it's holding up well inside the truck. I only used a thin coat to protect the metal but it could obviously be applied thicker for more sound deadening. It's a roll-on solution available in a ton of different colors with UV protectants.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #12
alright thanks!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone rhino lined ( or herculined , any truck bed coating ) the interior of there tacoma? if so please post some pics..

the passenger floorboard of my truck is always gettin wet and the carpet is nasty anyways so im thinking of ripping it out and rhino lining it.. let me know how you like it if you have done it ...
Why not just fix the leak problem, replace the carpet and install some Husky Liners? So not to de value the truck?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #14
dont really see some nasty ass carpet adding value to my 95.. just though rhino line would be a easy install and even easier clean up than carpet especially during hunting season when im in and out tracking mud and clay all over the truck..
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #15
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Try it, if you don't like it just buy an aftermarket supplier of floor carpet and some of those Husky liners or whatever they are that are heavy duty and cover everything. Does Toyota make a vinyl floor? Had an S-10 with it, floor was great!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery

i did it about 2 months ago
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
thats some shinnnny stuff what did u use?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
Holden02 is a jewel in the roughHolden02 is a jewel in the roughHolden02 is a jewel in the rough

Holden02's Tacoma Gallery
3 things to think about.

The floor pan is 2 pieces. There are tons of gaps that will collect dirt and crap over time if you do not fill them up with something.

Plenty of exposed wires to shield/protect.

Number one. Road Noise!

I too have thought about doing something similar. The route i am taking is to spray some light adheasive to hold down a sheet of plastic. Then use a can of foam insulation to fill the voids in the flood for a smooth finish and then a few coats of truck bed liner. Using the plastic on the bottom will still allow me to peel up the sides if I need to get to any wiring.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #19
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
I used the hecuiner! i think the reason it looks so shiny is beacuse of it was freshly rolled on and also the way the light was hitting it.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #20
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
glad to finally see some pics from guys who have done this. Been meaning to do mine for a few months, maybe now ill be more motivated.

Road noise cant be shit compared to the noise my tires and suspension make. Its a truck not a beemer, turn up your stereo.....