1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for advise new truck

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ComaChic, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    ComaChic

ComaChic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New York...not the city!
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD Sport V6
    OME 885's w/ Top spacer kit, OME Nitro 90000 Sport and N182, LR UCA's, 2" AAL non TSB, Window tint, K&N Intake, Lights
    Yea not a fan either. Well maybe I can get it, take the bodylift off and I have a set of 265/70-17's I could run on it too. I don't like bodylifts at all

2. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    Firefighter160

Firefighter160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Offroad
    As stated definitely stay away from the 3.0 v6, it had a lot of top end issues(head gaskets, valves, timing). The 22re is a bullet proof motor if you don't over heat it, they were very easy to warp a head or blow the head gasket if it was over-heated. When you look at one ask if the the head gasket was replaced, chances are if it was it was over heated. Sounds weird but in this case its better to buy a truck that has never had the head gasket replaced. If it was replaced ask if the head was pressure tested... Also these trucks have torsion bar suspension instead of coil-overs, a lot of people just crank the torsion bars up and put a block in the back to lift, this is a bad idea! When the torsion bars are tightened it puts more stress on the front end components. Any way I bought this truck for 3200 bucks a few years ago and it was great, the 22re was real good on gas too...

93_Yota.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top