Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

01 taco rides like a tank

Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
COONBOBBEARHOUND is on a distinguished road
COONBOBBEARHOUND's Tacoma Gallery
01 taco rides like a tank

I have a 01 tacoma double cab with a revtec 3" is their any way to go a little higher with out buying a new lift and smooth it out. what are my ops. thank you
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
No. It rides like ass because I'm assuming you have a spacer lift for the front. How high do you want to go and how much you want to spend?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
what does "riding like a tank" mean to you? Maybe it normal...
Old 07-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine dont ride to bad to be spacers, but wish id spent the lil extra cash to do it the right way. Get some Billie 5100's alll around n do away with the crappie spacer just set them accordingly to the height you want!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I know what you mean my freind!.. I had the same lift on my truck, and over time it got worse and worse. Spacer can also cause your suspension to wear out quicker or start to sag. If you have a pretty heavy bumper and winch, its even worse.

I would def. get the OME suspension kit or even the Toytec Coilovers would be a great choice because you have adjustability.
Here's there site. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...d=63&Itemid=72
Old 07-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
And you cant go much higher then 3" if your a 4x4.
2wd is another story!

But Im assuming its been getting worse and your suspension has started to sag because of your bumper.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by evertaco23 View Post
and you cant go much higher then 3" if your a 4x4.
2wd is another story!

But im assuming its been getting worse and your suspension has started to sag because of your bumper.

yes it has been gitting worse what lift do you have in yours and were did you get that truck box my trucks a twin
yours looks good thanks for the help i will go to that link you gave me thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post
what does "riding like a tank" mean to you? Maybe it normal...

i hope its not normal my 92 ext cab with 4 sus. 2.5 torsoin bars and 2 body rod alot better and 35's
Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #9

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COONBOBBEARHOUND View Post
yes it has been gitting worse what lift do you have in yours and were did you get that truck box my trucks a twin
yours looks good thanks for the help i will go to that link you gave me thanks
No Prob. My lift is the Toytec Ultimate lift. Plus I added a 1" block to the rear to get my rear a little bit higher then my front.

Im prety sure I got my box here..... http://pickupspecialties.com/
Its the Delta Champion Box.