1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1999 TRD Suspension on 1995.5 Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by digdeep, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Jun 15, 2008 at 7:22 PM
    digdeep

digdeep [OP] Member

Member:
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma V6 4x4
    Could anyone answer this question for me. If I got the coils and leaf springs off a 1999 TRD tacoma would they fit on my 1995.5 Non TRD tacoma. I have heard that the 1998 - 2004 are interchangable. Thanks

2. Jun 15, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Front coils should fit, but the rear leaf springs on the 95.5-97 were shorter than the 98-04's.

3. Jun 16, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    digdeep

digdeep [OP] Member

Member:
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma V6 4x4
    Thanks alot for the help. I will be getting the front coil and bilstein shocks and the rear bilstein shocks. From a guy that lives by me. What is a good aftermarked leaf spring for the 95 tacoma. I need something beefy I tow my drift boat and a 16ft jet sled with the truck.

4. Jun 20, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    my2coma

my2coma Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Republic of Texas
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma 4x4 ext cab
    ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper, sliders, 4" lift, OME shocks, TRD e-locker rear axle, K&N cold air intake, Cobra CB, PIAA lights up front, Budbuilt skid plate, and several other goodies.....
    Here is where I purchased my springs. I ordered mine w/ 4" of lift, but if you talk to one their reps, they can point in the right direction... whether you might need a little lift for towing purposes.

link= http://www.alcanspring.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put new springs in mine when I added a TRD e-locker rear axle .... They worked great.

5. Jun 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM
    digdeep

digdeep [OP] Member

Member:
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma V6 4x4
    Thanks, I will buy the coils from my buddy and hold off on getting the leaf springs. Those ALCAN springs look great. How difficult would it be to modify my truck for the 99 TRD springs to fit? My dad has a shop with all tools and welding equip I would need.

6. Jun 25, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    my2coma

my2coma Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Republic of Texas
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma 4x4 ext cab
    ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper, sliders, 4" lift, OME shocks, TRD e-locker rear axle, K&N cold air intake, Cobra CB, PIAA lights up front, Budbuilt skid plate, and several other goodies.....
    Alcan will build you a pack to fit your truck... so no mods are involved. You will however need longer u-bolts. Other than that they are a direct fit. They will even come with new bushings for the shackles.

I love mine, they work great, and flex really nice.
    If you do get them.... it will take a fwe weeks for the springs to relax a bit, but they work nicely.

Products Discussed in

To Top