1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Homemade sliders?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98fourbangertaco, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jul 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    Ive been wanting a set of sliders for my truck but i dont like the way all of them for the first gens stick out so much, i know that the ones that stick out would protect more from a side impact but i try to take it easy on my truck and just want something to protect my rockers from rocks beating them from underneith. So me and my dad have decided to try to fab up a set.

I really like the ones on my buddy's fj that are made by nfab and thats the look that we will be goin for when we get around to it. I just want one long tube like that that goes for wheel well to wheel well that will stay nice and under the rocker for protection from droping off onto rocks

[​IMG]

Anyone have pics of their homemade sliders or some that dont stick way out and stay tucked up under the rocker like the ones on the fj above? thanks

2. Jul 14, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    Although mine's for a Gen-2, it might give you some ideas. We decided to bolt them on flush to the side of the frame, so they probably won't hold the weight of the vehicle, but they certainly provide some protection. The diamond plate was added to assist in being a safer step bar.

Check out my build thread for some pics. Let me know if you want to see more. Also, try the TTORA website for more ideas and blueprints (use google to search for it).

3. Jul 14, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    Those look good on your truck, especially for the money, however i dont really need a step for my truck so im planning on tucking them up closer to the rockers, thanks for the help

4. Jul 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    s7racing

s7racing Well-Known Member

Member:
  5. Jul 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    That is exactly what im looking for, u hit the nail on the head, i think im goin to pattern mine off of yours they look great thanks for the help, what size tubbing did u use and if u dont mind bout what did everything cost

6. Jul 15, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    s7racing

s7racing Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tubing is 2" and they cost 300 including powder coating.

Products Discussed in

To Top