LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Super super super super nice 1st Gen

Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
Super super super super nice 1st Gen

so in my process of looking for a new truck i got curious. i wonder what would $15,000 would get me and i came across this. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/1844902347.html
too bad my price range is $5,000
Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
is it nice? yes. 15 grand nice? I dont think so
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah thats what i was thinking. but i think the price is high cause of the SAS and only having 60,000 miles
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
Same problem with all these 1st gens. They want $3-5k over book for these things.

I got so pissed off with the used 1st gen scene that I went out and bought a brand new 2nd gen.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
is it nice? yes. 15 grand nice? I dont think so
X2.

Looks real sharp, but it would be impulsive to go for it at 15 grand.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Same problem with all these 1st gens. They want $3-5k over book for these things.

I got so pissed off with the used 1st gen scene that I went out and bought a brand new 2nd gen.
this is true. im looking at this truck and i dont think its worth this much because of the mileage.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #7
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
I just realized it was SAS. Still too high tho IMO. 11,000 tops
Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
15 is definetely steep, nice truck though
Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
I think 13k is fair (given the current Tacoma market) without the SAS...It has all options and is very clean, also only has 60k miles. So 15 with SAS (if it's done right) seems like its not too far off, IMHO.

I just looked for Tacomas in May and that's what they were selling for. I mean, I bought an 01 with all options (except auto, of course) and 150k miles for 8 grand.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
Tacomaa1
tacomaa1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
tacomaa1's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks when u read a classified add for a truck and they dont give you detailed info of what's been done and its really just vague cuz $15,000 is steep unless its got complete documentation to go along with a long list of great mods with exellent quality parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL View Post
15 is definetely steep, nice truck though
Old 07-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
tahts a secsy 1st gen
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
That's not too bad. That's about what it would be around here. Mine was $13k and it was older, more miles, and completely stock other than a 3" lift.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
Kentucky Boy
YotaDude01 is a jewel in the roughYotaDude01 is a jewel in the roughYotaDude01 is a jewel in the rough

YotaDude01's Tacoma Gallery
If you read about the truck is says its a 5 speed manual (its not). it seems to me that you would know whether your truck is manual or auto. somethings just dont add up..... but on the other hand it could be a great truck.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
sioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud ofsioux_hockey_guy has much to be proud of

sioux_hockey_guy's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid question: What is SAS?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #16
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
this is a street queen SAS machine. its spring under and has no Elocker. Not saying its not a nice truck but whats the point of the single axle if not utilized correctly. Maybe it was wrecked.

check the pics on Elite motors in GA you can enlarge them for better detail
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #17
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it is a true TRD, and with crank windows ehh, but nice truck.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
littlemike is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Mike
littlemike's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. But I like the 15K better.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #19
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux_hockey_guy View Post
Stupid question: What is SAS?
"Straight Axle Swap" (Old School 4x4, no IFS)

Probably a repo. BUT....its on CL.....could be BS
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
Kentucky Boy
YotaDude01 is a jewel in the roughYotaDude01 is a jewel in the roughYotaDude01 is a jewel in the rough

YotaDude01's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with taco76087 it doesn't add up to be a true trd. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Sr5 package comes with cruise control which the truck has an aftermarket one. Also I might be missing it but I don't see the rear diff locker button either which is on the trd offroad package. So the truck doesn't seem to be what they say it is. But that's just my opinion.