1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad Vibes

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by crazyjeys, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jul 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    crazyjeys

crazyjeys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Hi TW, i need your help... bought a set of wheels/tires a couple of weeks ago... when they installed the new wheels and tires, i got vibrations from the rear end between 70-75mph. below and over those speed, the vibrations are not there. i brought the wheels back to 4wheelparts and they balanced it again. but still the same results. the vibrations seem to feel like a side to side vibration and not up and down. (if that makes any sense). any ideas on what could the problem be?

2. Jul 17, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    Taco John

Taco John Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    4X4
    What did you put on and what did you have on it?

3. Jul 17, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    What tires did you put on. I have cooper discoverers and i have a vibe at the same speeds. I put the truck on my dads dyno and took it up to 75 and you can see the tire flexing and moving. I took it up to about 120 on the dyno but it smooths back out after about 85. I have never seen a tire do that before. They are shitty tires.

4. Jul 17, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    x2 on the dyno. I had a 2003 Dodge Ram that I built. I lifted it,put big wheels and tires on it. The Mopar club I belonged to had a "Dyno Day" . Holy Cow! Get them puppies spinning at a highway speed and up, it looked like they were filled with water they way they flexed and moved around. If you didn't have a problem prior to the new shoes....well, 'nuff said. Try rotating them. Maybe you have a bad one in the back. You'll feel it in the steering wheel if that's the case.

5. Jul 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    crazyjeys

crazyjeys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road 4x4
    i put in a 16x8 Procomp 7032 with Toyo Open Country A/T 265/75/16. i never had vibrations on the stock wheels. i just got the vibes after the install of the new wheels and tires.

TicTacOma: i'll try rotating them like what you said.

thanks for the replies!

6. Jul 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    I would rotate the tires and see if it moves to the front. If it does take them back again and tell them.

Products Discussed in

To Top