Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squeeky door hinge

Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
mn.cadena is on a distinguished road
mn.cadena's Tacoma Gallery
Squeeky door hinge

I have an 01 pre-runner stepside that I recently purchased. I love everything about it especially that it only had 42k miles and I got it for $12K. The only problem I seem to have is that my driver side door squeeks about half the time when it opens and closes. Is there any quick fix for this or do I have take it in to have the door adjusted?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn.cadena View Post
I have an 01 pre-runner stepside that I recently purchased. I love everything about it especially that it only had 42k miles and I got it for $12K. The only problem I seem to have is that my driver side door squeeks about half the time when it opens and closes. Is there any quick fix for this or do I have take it in to have the door adjusted?
I had the same problem on my 2000. Get some penetrating lube ( like PB Blaster) and give it a shot in the hinge. Mine was squeaking in a blind area, so I just shot some lube where I thought the squeak was comming from. It was the last time I heard from the squeak.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Or you can use some white lithium grease.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Or you can use some white lithium grease.
White lithium grease is good, but cant penatrate into tight spots. It definatly would last longer than a penatrating lube.