Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wheels Question Width and Offset

Old 07-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
03toytaco is on a distinguished road
03toytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels Question Width and Offset

Hello,Everyone I'm a new member and just got my first 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD xtra cab. Since Silver is a common color I thought maybe I'll do something different. There's 4 guys at my work that has the same truck as me. It didn't bothers me at first,til I got off work late and found myself trying to get in someone else truck. Anyway my questions is..my stock wheels size is 265/70/16. Will a set of black steel wheel 16x8.5 with a -6 offset fit on my truck without rubbing during turning? The wheels is made by MB Wheels 72. I'm not quite sure what the width and offset of the stock wheel are. I've contacted my local Toyota dealer and asked them about width and offset but they referred me Tirerack. And Tirerack refer me the Dealer. I'm tryin to go wit a Black wheel so that I don't look like everyone else but wanna be as close to the stock size 16 in. If anyone knows the companys/brands that make 16 inch black wheel Please let me know! Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they will fit fine without rubbing. That wheel should have about a 4" backspacing.

You can check wheelersoffroad for cheap black wheels also.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03toytaco View Post
Hello,Everyone I'm a new member and just got my first 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD xtra cab. Since Silver is a common color I thought maybe I'll do something different. There's 4 guys at my work that has the same truck as me. It didn't bothers me at first,til I got off work late and found myself trying to get in someone else truck. Anyway my questions is..my stock wheels size is 265/70/16. Will a set of black steel wheel 16x8.5 with a -6 offset fit on my truck without rubbing during turning? The wheels is made by MB Wheels 72. I'm not quite sure what the width and offset of the stock wheel are. I've contacted my local Toyota dealer and asked them about width and offset but they referred me Tirerack. And Tirerack refer me the Dealer. I'm tryin to go wit a Black wheel so that I don't look like everyone else but wanna be as close to the stock size 16 in. If anyone knows the companys/brands that make 16 inch black wheel Please let me know! Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
If you are still on the stock BFG Rugged Trails, Tire Rack says that a rim width between 7"-9" is OK for those tires.