Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fiberglass bedsides

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Fiberglass bedsides

I am getting tired of thinking... I want to get fiberglass bedsides for my 04 tacoma. Want the bed sides to match the front fenders. I have glasswork 4.5" fenders, thinking about going with the 4" glasswork bedsides. Was wondering if this is something I could install myself or would I need a shop to install them? Anyone from Oregon who could help me out? It can't be that difficult.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.desertrides.com/reference/tacoma_bedside.php

Pre-05 Tacomas are all cutting and stuff. It's a commitment.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
I would not cut the bedsides off like that. Go to your local auto body/paint store get a spot weld cutter. There is roughly 40 spot welds on each bedside. I say drill out the spot welds. It not hard but just time consuming. but you should be able to knock them out in about a day. I took mine off as clean as possible was able to turn around and sell them fro 60bucks to someone that needed bedsides. You will have to make supports for the bottom side of the fenders but that is not that hard. Thats how I did mine took me about a day. but I was moving the bed around on my own with no help. You can get the cutter for about 15bucks I think.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
here's a good write up, like said: it's not too hard, just takes a long time

thats the reason i havent put mine on yet...i'm lazy

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...ers--bedsides/
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
here's a good write up, like said: it's not too hard, just takes a long time

thats the reason i havent put mine on yet...i'm lazy

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...ers--bedsides/
That write is the way I did mine. Not hard at all.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What did you use to cut the sheet metal off?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #7

Cut the sheet metal? I used a spot weld cutter then any trimming to bed that was needed was done with a grinder