LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Powertrax no-slip

Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Powertrax no-slip

Just purchased one. Looking forward to installing sometime tommorow.
I think it will be a pretty good addition to my 4x2. I seem to be finding myself more and more on fire trails and rough areas looking for good hunting/fishing spots.

From what I have read and researched, the powertrax no-slip acts more like a quadratrack than the other lockers that spool under acceleration and unlock in cornering and deceleration. So I think it is pretty much open diff until a wheel starts spinning and it shifts the torque to the wheel that has friction.

I know there are tons of threads on this already but input on this particular unit would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
ok. I would not recomend anyone doing that with just hand tools.
Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to remove the ring gear so that the pinion shaft could slide out.
Up and runnin. Donutz in de yard. Woot!!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #4

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I think we all know what a rear locker looks like. lol.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
pics or it didn't happen...
Old 08-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Not the locker... If you mess around in your truck, pics are required.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
Matic, congrats on the install, how hard was it? What was the part number for that? that was the 8" 30 spline?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
ok. I would not recomend anyone doing that with just hand tools.
Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to remove the ring gear so that the pinion shaft could slide out.
Up and runnin. Donutz in de yard. Woot!!

What do you mean by hand tools. What tools would you recommend? Air impact for the ring gear?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #10
Gtrsnax is on a distinguished road
Gtrsnax's Tacoma Gallery
I had one in my Wrangler for a while. I loved it. It rarely ever unloaded on the street and was johnny on the spot when I hit mud. Install was fairly easy once I realized the directions had one detail backwards. No additive is needed either, which is a bonus for trail repairs or whatever. If I was forced to go with a lunchbox again, that'd be the one I'd pay for.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to do this Mod on a V6 and found this writeup. This is install is for a lockrite and not a Lockrite No-Slip but they are simular install. The jack use and blocking is unsafe but it is otherwise a good writeup. Did I mention there are pictures?

http://www.yotatech.com/f116/lockrig...p-pics-179241/
Old 08-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these on my Shelby Cobra replica. I bought it to make both wheels spin when doing burn outs.

The only thing bad I can say after 5 years or so of owning one is that sometimes going around a curve it will disengage and make a loud pop noise.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #13

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I have one of these on my Shelby Cobra replica. I bought it to make both wheels spin when doing burn outs.

The only thing bad I can say after 5 years or so of owning one is that sometimes going around a curve it will disengage and make a loud pop noise.
Which one did you install the Lockrite which pops and rachets or the No-Slip? The Lockrite No-Slip is different from the Lockrite. The no slip is made to trasition from locked to open smoothly.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the No-Slip. But, you have to remember the Cobra is very light and you sit in an open environment close to the rear axle. So any noise or movement is felt very easy.

I have a 9" Ford Rearend with 3.50 gears and 400+ hp. After 5 years the PowerTrax has had zero problems.