Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should've ask before I bought it???

Old 06-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
99taco is on a distinguished road
99taco's Tacoma Gallery
Should've ask before I bought it???

Hi guys,

I just bought a couple of used oxygen sensors from a guy that's parting out his 01' tacoma 2.4L with 50k miles and I plan to replace my original sensors on my 99' tacoma 2.4L with it. Looks like it's compatible but since the sensors are from a different year, do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco View Post
Hi guys,

I just bought a couple of used oxygen sensors from a guy that's parting out his 01' tacoma 2.4L with 50k miles and I plan to replace my original sensors on my 99' tacoma 2.4L with it. Looks like it's compatible but since the sensors are from a different year, do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance!
im thinking if they fit, and the connection is the same.....you should be fine with them. i could be wrong, but im gonna say you will be good to go with them.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
They may or may not depending on whether your truck/his truck is a Cali spec truck. Cali spec trucks have different sensors.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
99taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedbacks,

If it doesn't work, how about brand new non-oem sensors from ebay or the local auto part stores?
Old 06-23-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco View Post
Thanks for the feedbacks,

If it doesn't work, how about brand new non-oem sensors from ebay or the local auto part stores?
OEM is definately the way to go....to ensure it works.

Call around to various places for pricing. I'd be careful buying 'used' ones off ebay.

I bought mine from Conicelli Toyota (online sales) years ago, so I don't know how they compare anymore.
www.partznet.com
Old 06-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Go here to get them: http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p...s_id=430006000
Old 06-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
99taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Since it's already bought, I will put it on anyway to see what happens (good/bad)...doesn't look too difficult to remove/install anyway.