Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

mods to the engine on 1st gen

Old 08-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
TACOMA03
socal19 is on a distinguished road
socal19's Tacoma Gallery
mods to the engine on 1st gen

Hey guys I just wanted to know are there any simple mods that aren't too expensive that you can do to the engine or intake to get my horses out of it..thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
deck plate mod..................best bang for your buck that there is........

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85

also......weld a dynomax super turbo muffler in place of the stock muffler. you'll like the setup.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
deck plate mod..................best bang for your buck that there is........

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85

also......weld a dynomax super turbo muffler in place of the stock muffler. you'll like the setup.
x2, tacomaman06 is the one that swayed me and Im glad! lol. Go with this setup, its great.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea def the deckplate mod. it's literally better than a CAI. yea yea some will dispute that, but it's true imo
Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
this subject sounds so familiar for some reason.....
Old 08-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by da0023 View Post
this subject sounds so familiar for some reason.....
Haha, if I had $5 for everytime this question has been asked I could buy plenty of things for my truck! But yes the deckplate mod is wicked from what I hear!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Haha, if I had $5 for everytime this question has been asked I could buy plenty of things for my truck! But yes the deckplate mod is wicked from what I hear!
For real, but in all seriousness, do the deck plate mod. I did it on my 2.7 and I can tell a difference especially when I pull a trailer.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by da0023 View Post
For real, but in all seriousness, do the deck plate mod. I did it on my 2.7 and I can tell a difference especially when I pull a trailer.
Yea? I feel like my truck goes faster after I wash it. But there's no way to dyno that.
Who has the dyno sheets for this so called deck mod that everyone is always clammering about?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously. I'm not knocking anyone for trying this so called deck mod and it makes sence that allowing more air into your engine (since your engine is nothing more than an air pump) is going to create a few ponies. But I have yet to see one dyno sheet proving this. I tried the search and there is talk about "the one guy" that has the sheets. But I cant find them.
anyone? up to 6 hp on a 2.7? really.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #10
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
if you have the time and a 3.4, take the throttlebody off and look at the metal gasket. Its kinda shaped like a D. Cut it down untill its shaped like an O.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
if you have the time and a 3.4, take the throttlebody off and look at the metal gasket. Its kinda shaped like a D. Cut it down untill its shaped like an O.
And this does what exactly?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
x2, tacomaman06 is the one that swayed me and Im glad! lol. Go with this setup, its great.
Any effects (most concerned about negative) on MPGs with the dynomax super turbo muffler?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Any effects (most concerned about negative) on MPGs with the dynomax super turbo muffler?
No effects at all (I was getting 22 mpg easy before the lift and tires, 19 now). Just great sound.