1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whats needed for a 3.4 tune up?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Crazyotto, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Jun 25, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    Crazyotto

Crazyotto [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 extra cab 4X4 v-6 supercharged 5-speed
    rims, supercharger, bed rails, bike buddy rack, bug deflector, nerf bars
    Ok, I return from Afghanistan in a little over 2 weeks and now that I have some spare money, I would like to make my 1995 Toyota Tacoma happy. Right now it has 168k supercharged miles on her. She is a 4X4 Extra cab 5 speed with the 3.4 liter engine. I have owned this truck since 98 and 30K miles. It has had the steering rack replaced and the timing belt and some other small items @110K.

Now, I would like to spoil her as she has been really good to me. Still on the original clutch and feeling good about it but gas milelage has steadily dropped down through-out the years. When I was last driving her she was only getting about 250 miles to a tank full. What should be done to bring the milage back up? She has 31's which she had all her life. There are also no dash lights warning of any problems and she passes her smog tests with flying colors. Oil is changed every 3k miles, tire pressure is always correct and everything seems to be operating normal. 250 miles out of an 18 gallon tank seems crazy to me especially when it used to be around 350 miles to the tank.

Any sugestions?

2. Jun 25, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    New plugs, O2 sensors, fuel filter, and a full tank of gas. :)
    Oh, and change the fluids......Crank case, tranny/trans, and diff.

Products Discussed in

To Top