1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got in a reck......

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ETaco23, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    kinda tough to refute the fact that OP pulled out in front of him. Already admitted it a couple of times here in this thread.

Glad both are ok, but damn...take responsibility of what you've done here. YOU pulled out in front of another vehicle that had the right of way (regardless of speed).:rolleyes: It don't matter what kind of vehicle, it just happened to be a bike (damn glad you didn't kill the guy).

Sad you are only concerned with your truck. That can easily be replaced.

2. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I understand what your getting at. But it is clearly his mess up. bc for one. he wasnt paying attention. To busy saying hi to his buddy that pulled out first. Then when he looked over and saw me pulling out, and at this time I was or ready half way in my lane. He got scared and locked his brakes up. And when he locked them up I was In my lane, and he was like 60-70ft ahead of me. Him locking up his brakes made him skid right into my truck. He just lost control.
    He just started riding a couple months back. Oh and Ive talked to his dad, who is a police officer, and he complete understands what happened, and he just wants to get my truck fixed or what ev. and get this ordeal over with.

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    And If you look in the pics. My truck is clearly in my lane. And thats where I was when he locked up his brakes 60ft or so ahead of me. and then he skided right into me. And yes he was def. speeding.
    And If I had pulled out a little later, he would probably almost be dead. Oh, and if my truck was at stock hight he would be almost dead too, bc his head wouldve hit my rear window, and then the door jam. probably breaking his neck. So ide say he is one lucky kid! for only wearing a helmet, t-shirt, and shorts.

4. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    upflying

upflying Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Antioch
    Looks to me the bike crossed the double yellow line. Bike is at fault.

5. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Thank you^^^^^ :)

6. Aug 8, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    trailinTaco

trailinTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bel Air, MD
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4x4
    3 inch suspension lift, 33 inch bfgoodrich mud terrain tires, toytech diff drop, Procomp alloy wheels, hella fog lights, black projector headlights with 8000k HID's, blacked out tail lights, two 12 inch subs, 20% tint, pioneer head unit and speakers
    I agree he is on the right side of the road so it looks like the bike crossed the line... the bikers' lucky he didnt kill himself. But it looks totaled to me things add up very fast when it comes to body repairs.

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    It appears as though the bike crossed the double yellow line and hit the OP who was already CLEARLY in his own lane. The bike was coming from the opposite direction hence the damage going from the front to the back of the OP's truck. It is clear that the bike came into the corner hot crossed the line and drilled the truck. Biker is at fault in this instance.

8. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    Does this mean EverTaco is out of the tourney?

j/k I kid, I kid.

My sentiments are much like many others in here... I'm glad both you and the biker are okay first and foremost. I'm also sorry for both of your losses (truck & bike). But those are materials that just come and go.

9. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    ^lol.. thanks. And yes. but its hard to let this one go. bc it was dream truck since I was a freshman in high school. But the upside to this is that Ive been wanting a 2nd gen. double cab Long bed.:D
    Or maybe a access cab. cant descide right now. But yeah, monday I gotta get it out of the Tow yard and over to the body shop and have it looked at. and get all my crap off of it, before someone descide to jack it. Its a freakin joke how much stupid tow yards charge!!!:eek:

10. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    this is why i dont ride a bike anymore. you yota guys cant drive

THIS REALLY SUCKS FOR BOTH OF YOU GUYS:(

11. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Not sure about OP state but where I am they would slap biker with "failed to adjust speed to conditions" and be done with it.
    Rule is simple if you hit somebody its your fault. it does not matter somebody was pulling from the driveway or jump in front of you, its persons responsibility to drive with speed that allows for emergency stop.

12. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    pairodice

pairodice Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    SF NM
    Vehicle:
    02 DCSB prerunner 4x4 manual
    damn thats alot of damage the guy on that ninja 250 must have had that thing floored doesnt look totaled but some sometimes you get an adjuster thats not to bright and will try and total it if the frame looks good maybe 6k worth of damage

13. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    pairodice

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    SF NM
    Vehicle:
    hes lucky you didnt have frame sliders

14. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, but who knows. everyone that ive talked to who is a machanic or auto body tech. said that my truck is def. a total loss. Sad!

15. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    pairodice

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    SF NM
    Vehicle:
    worst one i have seen was a 01 taco double cab that was in a rollover the only panels that werent replaced was roof skin and hood it needed all four doors, both quarter panels, both fenders, tailgate, rad support it was like 15k of damage the guy had just installed a 6 in fabtech he thought it was totaled

16. Aug 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    well my truck is worth maybe 11 or 12. And I know there is atleast that much in just the body work....

17. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    FightFire48

FightFire48 Taco Monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    04 Taco dbl cab
    3" Toytec lift AEM BruteForce CAI Gibson exhaust 2 - Rockford Fosgate 8's
    That sucks man! That kid is really lucky do be breathing. Where is Brush Prarie at in comparison to Spokane?

18. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Brush Prairie is just northeast of Vancouver.

Products Discussed in

To Top