1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My first Pickup

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by flesheatingvirus, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Jun 25, 2008 at 11:56 PM
    flesheatingvirus

flesheatingvirus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ABQ, NM
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD-OR 4x4AT Access Cab - Magnetic Gray
    Tech Package
    I just got my first pickup, a 96 Tacoma 2.4L 4CYL 2x4 with the X-tended cab and automatic trans. I have some initial questions.

First off, the cover to the fuse/relay center under the hood is missing. I would really like to have one, but the junkyards around here are DRY of Tacomas. Know where I might order one? I've Googled and Ebayed with no luck except for the interior fuse panel cover, but not one for under the hood.

I've never used synthetic oil, but the Mobile 1 seems to be getting a broad consensus here, so I think I'll try that with 5000 mile changes.

Can I tell where my truck was manufactured?

I also noticed something strange, that I might be blowing out of proportion. When I accelerate from a stop, up to about 55, the acceleration isn't very smooth, but makes me rock forward and rearward a bit. What could that be? I'm not used to the way it drives yet, but it also doesn't quite seem to take of very fast, or with much power. I just changed the spark plugs. Thoughts?

Thanks, all!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top