Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 1ST GEN!!! 95.5-04 DSM Update

Old 08-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 1ST GEN!!! 95.5-04 DSM Update

Hi Everyone,

1st Gen 5100s are currently out of stock.

Per RCD, we likely will not see anymore shocks until sometime in JUNE!!

This is completely out of our control, and not what we wanted either. We apologize for the bad news...

Discount/Coupon codes: DSM5

Remember you will need to register on the site first, before you place your order and then you can use the code...

The 'Coupon Code' box appears in the cart screen, directly above the Sub-total.

As usual, please feel free to call or PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience!

Marco & Sonny

*5125 Shocks in LONGER lengths also available for more than 2" of lift.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
you guys have great customer service as well as prices

i will def buy my set of bypasses from you guys in a few months

keep up the great work
Old 08-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder if this should be treated like canned food...
maybe buy a set and put away so you dont starve when things go bad?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good Morning everyone,

Promo code if you want the 5100 fronts and 5125 rears will be

TACO9604-5

Same rules apply for using it....

Thank you,
Have fun..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Hi Everyone,

We have some great news. The long wait is OVER(almost).
Today when I was at the warehouse picking up our 2nd Gen 5100s, I saw they were checking in & receiving the BE5-D558-T0 1st Gen shocks! We are just waiting to hear how many we get, and they said we should be able to pick them up Monday. We will post them as available on the site by this weekend so you can start placing your orders.

Discount codes:

Fronts Only....TACO9604F

Set of '4' Fronts and Rears....TACO9604

Remember you will need to register on the site first, before you place your order and then you can use the code...

The 'Promo Code' box appears in the cart screen, directly above the Sub-total.

Edit: The Promo codes don't work for the 5125 rears, option. You will need to call us to place your order, we're working on a new code for that.

As usual, please feel free to call or PM if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience!

Marco & Sonny

Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
3fitty will become famous soon enough3fitty will become famous soon enough
Name: Lambone
3fitty's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but when would one need the 5125 rears instead of the 5100? Which one would work best for me if I had new leaf springs with 3" lift?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone who needs these get on this! they were gone in like 2 days last time lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
3fitty will become famous soon enough3fitty will become famous soon enough
Name: Lambone
3fitty's Tacoma Gallery
Whooop!!!! Just put my order in for some 5100s up front and 5125s in the rear!!! Sonny and Marco are awesome. Can't wait to get these.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
jusfuris is on a distinguished road
jusfuris's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a dumb question, but if i get the set of all 4 would this fix (or at least greatly help) the axle wrap problem? Or would I need something else?

thanks
Old 08-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusfuris View Post
maybe a dumb question, but if i get the set of all 4 would this fix (or at least greatly help) the axle wrap problem? Or would I need something else?

thanks
What are you running in the rear?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
right now I believe its just the stock ones. I just bought the truck and think i have the axle wrap, also I wouldnt mind lifting it a little at the same time so i thought this might work for both

My truck is a 2001 v6 2wd Prerunner, 6 lug ext. cab
Old 08-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
right now I believe its just the stock ones. I just bought the truck and think i have the axle wrap, also I wouldnt mind lifting it a little at the same time so i thought this might work for both

My truck is a 2001 v6 2wd Prerunner, 6 lug ext. cab
I can't really comment on that, only because I have never heard of axle wrap being an issue with stock leafs, no lift. Maybe some other members can help us out here.

The rear 5100s do not provide any lift, but are long enough to accommodate up to a couple of inches of lift. Installing an AAL may help with the issue you're having.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #12
ah. i was wondering how just shocks themselves would add the height, but im not fully familiar with the tacomas yet.

I may do the AAL, I know its not technically the best option but i dont have a lot of money and its never going to be put through anything other than daily road driving/commuting.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
mgr5599 is on a distinguished road
mgr5599's Tacoma Gallery
WOOHOO!!!! Just placed my order for front and rears for my 98. Thanks Sonny!!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah. i was wondering how just shocks themselves would add the height, but im not fully familiar with the tacomas yet.

I may do the AAL, I know its not technically the best option but i dont have a lot of money and its never going to be put through anything other than daily road driving/commuting.
I'm sure someone will chime in with more detail, but the rear shocks don't lift at all. Only the fronts provide any lift on their own
Old 08-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #16
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thanks
Not going to do a thing for axle wrap alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I can't really comment on that, only because I have never heard of axle wrap being an issue with stock leafs, no lift. Maybe some other members can help us out here.

The rear 5100s do not provide any lift, but are long enough to accommodate up to a couple of inches of lift. Installing an AAL may help with the issue you're having.
Correct, the rear 5100's will do nothing for the rear without a new set of springs or a AAL. I've found that unless you go with an AAL or a new set of (or different) set of leaf springs the shocks are close to a waste of money. The rear 5100's on stock/used leaf springs do not have much travel unless extended. I'm running stock/worn leaf springs and thing I'm bottoming out the 5100's. Honestly, my axle wrap has gotten worse since adding the 5100's without any change to the leaf springs.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered all four 5100's this morning and cant wait for them to come in but i am gonna wait for a set of Toytec aal before i have anything installed.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #18
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
just placed my order! cant wait!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #19
vegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jamie
vegetopia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to vegetopia Send a message via MSN to vegetopia
ordered. thanks for the deal!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
received mine today. thanks guys!