1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Old Man Emu leafs for the wierd yers of 95.5-97

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Beeson, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    Beeson

Beeson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    '96 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15" Unique Steelie rims, Allpro wheel spacers, Heavy Old Man Emu coils, struts, shocks, leaf springs, Daystar 1" spacer, Camburg UCAs, 1" diff drop, NO sway bar, Allpro sliders, Allpro Rear bumper, Bushwacker fender flares, Tire Gate with spare, ARB Deluxe bumper with Hella 700s and 100w bulbs, 100w lights under frame pointed at tires, 50w lights on bumper for reverse, K&N Drycharger with cover, Flowmaster cat-back with custom 2-out exhast, DeeZee tool box, Huskey Liners, 5% window tint, JVC iPhone/CB compatable deck, Bazooka sub, sony speakers, Uniden CB w/4 ft. anntenna, Dixie Horn.
    So I have had my OME suspension all around put on by 4-wheel parts, which was a horrible experience (wouldn't recommend the Lynnwood, WA site), they really don't know much about this lift there and I had to go in twice before I had them put it on and try and help them figure out what the proper leaf springs are to put on my 1996 Taco. I beleive 95.5-97 Tacos have a longer (or shorter, I don't remember) leaf spring thean the rest up to 2004 and I knowinfg this, I wanted to make sure they got it right. Well, they still got it wrong. Apparently ARB gave them the wrong part number. Now I am running around on leaf springs that are way too long (maxing out my shackles) and they are supposedly "working with" ARB to figure out the rigth ones and I always have to call for an update even though they say they'll call me. Basically I was wondering if anyone happened to know they correct ones (I mean part numbers if possible), because this is eternally frusterating, haha.

2. Aug 12, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    RattleTractor

RattleTractor Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '04 Unicorn Tacoma
    1KZ-TE Diesel, GFC, Pizza cutters, Dorkel
    Yeah, 95.5-97 have shorter springs than all other 1st gen tacos. They are actually pickup springs. I bought OME suspension for my 96 and stripped it back off when it was recalled, so I have 2 OME pickup leafs lying around if you want them cheap (on my truck for less than a year).
    Part no: CS019R (same spring on both sides, unlike the other 1st gens)

ARB also does not make shackles for these springs. I called my local dealer to confirm, who in turn called ARB and there are not OME greaseable shackles for the kit.
    Instead, I got my greaseable shackles from Northwest Offroad Specialities.

Hope this helped

3. Aug 12, 2010 at 3:03 PM
    Beeson

Beeson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    '96 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15" Unique Steelie rims, Allpro wheel spacers, Heavy Old Man Emu coils, struts, shocks, leaf springs, Daystar 1" spacer, Camburg UCAs, 1" diff drop, NO sway bar, Allpro sliders, Allpro Rear bumper, Bushwacker fender flares, Tire Gate with spare, ARB Deluxe bumper with Hella 700s and 100w bulbs, 100w lights under frame pointed at tires, 50w lights on bumper for reverse, K&N Drycharger with cover, Flowmaster cat-back with custom 2-out exhast, DeeZee tool box, Huskey Liners, 5% window tint, JVC iPhone/CB compatable deck, Bazooka sub, sony speakers, Uniden CB w/4 ft. anntenna, Dixie Horn.
    Yeah, it's weird because those are the part no. springs I have but they are too long and they are using ARB shackles on my truck right now, but these things are MAXED out and point out towards the back of the truck, rather than being at 45 degree angle. BTW 4 wheel parts was supposed to call me back before 12:00 AGAIN today just like everyday they say (actually it's this one guy) and it's now 3:00.

4. Aug 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    toycar18

toycar18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 Reg Cab 2.7L
    OME Suspension, BFG 33x10.50 AT, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Rear ARB Air Locker, LCE Header, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, K&N Intake
    I pretty sure OME doesn't make a rear leaf for those years.

The leaf spring is shorter for those years.

Check with Wheeler's Offroad. Thy should have a solution for you.

5. Aug 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    RattleTractor

RattleTractor Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '04 Unicorn Tacoma
    1KZ-TE Diesel, GFC, Pizza cutters, Dorkel
    I can sell you mine...they came off a 1996 Tacoma so I KNOW that they work. They will also be much cheaper than new ones and are in very good condition.
    Just said that the springs on those toyotas are pickup springs, which ARB makes. Part number is CS019R for both. I had them on my 96 and it worked great.

6. Nov 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    mr.pink

mr.pink New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Sacto, CA
    Vehicle:
    96 SR5 4x4 virgin saved by the bell stripe
    There is no possible way you still have those springs lying around no?:confused::confused:

7. Dec 1, 2014 at 12:36 AM
    jkulysses

jkulysses Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma 4x4 3.4l 5 spd
    Wow, That post was over 4 years ago! Way to revive a dead thread. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top