Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

sorry for the noob question

Old 08-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
Red face sorry for the noob question

has anyone changed the thermostat on their truck? i want to change that and the radiator hoses i know the hoses will be and easy task but not to sure about the thermostat, also should i order these parts from toyota or should I just stick with the autozone brand hoses and thermostat. TIA
Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think you'd be fine getting radiator hoses and all from an auto parts store and the same for the thermostat, but I'd get one of those fail-safe thermostats. Instead of locking closed when they get too hot, they lock open, which keeps from doing major damage to your engine. oh and don't forget to get the thermostat gasket.. just a reminder before you get it all ready to put in and then remember you need a new one
Old 08-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I changed mine at the same time I changed my water pump.

The thermostat is inside the water pump housing. You have to remove a 'hard' pipe to remove the thermostat.

In this picture (lower right of the picture) - you'll see the rubber hose attached to a steal pipe that goes up to the water pump. You have to remove this steal pipe/hose at the water pump. The thermostat is located behind that round ball shape in the pipe.