LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5100 adjustable shock hardware

Old 08-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
5100 adjustable shock hardware

Got my shocks today and there are bushing in the lower ends, there are no new cushions or retainers that go under and above the suspension support, I am looking at a exploded view of the shock assembly, and they are shown do you use the old cushions and retainers?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I hear that alot from guys , mine came with everything I needed, new bushings,grommets, washers, nuts, etc; so I dunno guess it depends where ya get them....
Old 08-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I had to re-use them. Mine were in good condition though so no biggie.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
They should have come with the shock. Contact the vendor that you got them from. If you can't get them form the vendor, give Sonny a call at Down South motor sports. He can probably get them.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Got my shocks today and there are bushing in the lower ends, there are no new cushions or retainers that go under and above the suspension support, I am looking at a exploded view of the shock assembly, and they are shown do you use the old cushions and retainers?
You could probably use the bushings if they look good and not cracked or deformed.

I am pretty certain the cushions and retainers do not come with the 5100 in most cases, it would depend if the seller packages it with the shocks.
Here is two links to Toytec's site for the shocks and then the cushions and retainers.

1st gen 5100's
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
NOTE: Upper bushings and washers are not included from Bilstein in this part number, order separately if needed.

retainer/cushions
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
They should have come with the shock. Contact the vendor that you got them from. If you can't get them form the vendor, give Sonny a call at Down South motor sports. He can probably get them.
I got mine from DSMS and there were no top bushings.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
If you got them from DSMS, they do not come with them, if you have the stock shocks, you can reuse the bushings or get some from Toyteclifts.com Like Jones said
Old 08-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from a distributer here in San Diego called ASI, they provide most the offroad shops around town with the billys their web site is

www.shox.com & like I said they came with all new hardware (bushings already pressed into place)
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine from DSMS and it would be nice if in there advertisement they stated that the cushions don't come with this pkg, and give you the option to order them, hell after paying what you pay for these shocks whats an extra $20, and further more for the cost they should be included! I guess it goes to show you get what you pay for.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Good evening,
I had already e-mailed you back this evening when I got home about the bushings and I offered to refund you in full and send a call tag for the shocks.
Also I already made the change to the site that you had suggested so there would not be any misconceptions about the bushings.
And as for getting what you pay for, I guess we should consider raising the price up to match all the other vendors on here.Then we would not get all the Phone calls from Bilstein and RCD telling us to raise the price and we would not get hammered about it anymore selling them to cheap.
Lesson learned on our part and the offer still stands for a complete refund for the shocks and us sending a call tag for them.
Let us know,
Thank you and have a good evening,
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
I bought mine from DSMS and it would be nice if in there advertisement they stated that the cushions don't come with this pkg, and give you the option to order them, hell after paying what you pay for these shocks whats an extra $20, and further more for the cost they should be included! I guess it goes to show you get what you pay for.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
i hounded the guys at DSMS to get a set of 5100"s as soon as they came in and they were very helpful. no complaints here... i'll just order the extra parts before i install them. a thousand tacoma owners swear by thows guys and thats what helped me with my decision
Old 08-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
braaap

Yeah, for the ridiculously low price DSMS has on these things, Im fine with re using the bushings.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #13
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
You would not believe the S**T Marco and I take every other day from other vendor's who call Bilstein or RCD and say what the hell is that guy doing selling those shocks so cheap!!!We give the discount we do to all Forum Board members and we have had customers call and we ask them if they are a forum board member and they have said no...We tell them to join Tacoma World and get the deal on the shocks.We always push members to TW just so it will make your presence stronger on the Internet and increase your member count.
Yeah I was just kidding about raising the pricing,but it sounded go though huh?
All of you know that we have stood by you guys since day one and that is what I said we would do in the beginning and that is what I will continue to do.We can not make everyone happy all the time, but we will sure try and that is why I immediately offered a full refund and call tag..You guys help us as mush as we help you and that seems to be what works, if its not broken, do not try and fix it...
Have a good night and the door is always open and the phone is always on...
See ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I got more than I paid for IMHO........Thanks for being a stand up guy Sonny!
I assume ur joking about raising prices ?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DSMS FTW!! Some of the best customer service Around, wish other companies would learn from them.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #15
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Good evening,
I had already e-mailed you back this evening when I got home about the bushings and I offered to refund you in full and send a call tag for the shocks.
Also I already made the change to the site that you had suggested so there would not be any misconceptions about the bushings.
And as for getting what you pay for, I guess we should consider raising the price up to match all the other vendors on here.Then we would not get all the Phone calls from Bilstein and RCD telling us to raise the price and we would not get hammered about it anymore selling them to cheap.
Lesson learned on our part and the offer still stands for a complete refund for the shocks and us sending a call tag for them.
Let us know,
Thank you and have a good evening,
Sonny
Could you start to send a case of beer with every set of 4 purchased as well?...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #16
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I am not saying the the service was crappy or the price was too low, I have installed a lot of shocks in my time and they alway's came with the rubber cushions, and retainers, I thought the order was short of parts when I opened it, I just told Sonny that the buyer should be informed that upper hardware is not included and can be purchased at an addition cost, then its your call,is that asking to much, and if the cushions are in good shape I don't mind re useing them, its just that after tearing it apart and there cracked I have to hunt new parts or put it back together and wait for replacements, and I do appreciate there jester to fully refund the purchase and the discounts they offer the members of the forum. I was informed that DSMS will make note of the hardware in the future.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #17
vegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jamie
vegetopia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to vegetopia Send a message via MSN to vegetopia
just ordered my 5100s. Had no idea they wouldn't come with shock bearings. Thanks for posting this up. I grabbed a set from toytec from that link that was posted.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #18

When I had ordered mine in March, I didn't know Toytec sold the bushings, and I could only find them at the dealer for like $100, until someone posted the bushings responding to someone elses bushing question, which were not what that OP was looking for, but it made my day So it took me two months to install them, installed them June 1st