Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

will a 2001 grille fit in a 99

Old 08-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
dblbkb is on a distinguished road
dblbkb's Tacoma Gallery
will a 2001 grille fit in a 99

Wondering if I could put a 2001 front grille in my 99. Planning on doing blacked out lights and would like to do a black grille. I prefer the look of the 01 grille.

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I searched but could not find an answer.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
No, it will not.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Coolidge will become famous soon enough

Name: Guy
Coolidge's Tacoma Gallery
What he said, ^^
No
Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
nope. Do a quick google image search. 2001's are the first year they started the newer grill design. 1998-2000 are the ones you want to look for.

EDIT: Nevermind. It sounds like you actually want to do a front end swap. Yes this is possible, but is a huge waste of money and time IMHO.

Here's a tutorial:
http://www.minitruckinweb.com/tech/b...ion/index.html
Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it fits, but you will need to replace the lights, hood, and hood latch as well. But yes, the grille fits in between the parking lights and fenders.

It would be annoying if you didn't have a donor taco (I went the other way in the thread in my sig, but I had my old truck as a donor...)
Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
dblbkb is on a distinguished road
dblbkb's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, was hoping for an easier swap. Again thanks for the information.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Well hang on...
If the 98-00 fronts have a circular hole behind the headlight like this:

...Then you can't do it easily.

But if the hole is shaped more like this (ignore the writing and such):

Then it should be relatively easy.

I have all the parts except the hood and hood latch, and I would like to get rid of them. So if you want them, we can arrange something.