LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leaf Spring Length Questions....

Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Spring Length Questions....

Ok, I have a Tacoma. It was a basket case of parts when I purchased it last year. I have NO idea what year the frame even is, but I need New Leaf springs. I know the Tacoma's had different length springs on them.

So, my question is this... What are the 2 different lengths, and what year Tacoma's were those lengths on??

p.s. I did search, and could not find an answer even though I know it was posted here at some point.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone????
Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure of the exact lengths, but leaf packs from 95.5-97 are shorter than those from 98-04.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen? 5 lug or 6 lug? 95.5-97 are about 4" shorter than 98-04 which measure about 55" eye to eye. I need to know if it's 5 lug or 6 lug because the rear bushing was different. 5 lugs are a 2 piece design that can be pulled apart by hand until the year 01, then 01-04 5-lug became a pressed in bushing with a metal sleeve, just like the 4x4/PR ones.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is a 6 lug.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone???
Old 08-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just gave you your answer. 95.5-97's are 4" shorter than 98-04 at 55". Post a pic of yours if you can, I'll most likely be able to tell you exactly what we're looking at.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
ahhh, I missed that. Thank you... So if mine is 51" + or - a hair then my frame is a 95-97.

I have pics in my Black Beater thread.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Taco Vending Machine

Yeah I've seen that thread before. My conclusion is it's a 95.5-97, and then I read in your first post it's a 97. Those are the shorter ones that should measure exactly about what you're getting, 51" eye to eye roughly. The 98 and newer are about 4" longer than yours, so yep, you're looking for a 95.5-97 to get 'em from.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up ordering a pair this morning. I am hoping to have springs and 5100's by Friday.