Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

listen to this crap!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
listen to this crap!

ok so i was looking on here and some guys posted video clips of their exhaust, sounded pretty bad ass with a flowmaster super 40.so today i get off of work early and i go to the muffler shop to have them weld on in, they said they dont have the name brand one but they have one thats the exact same shape size and sound, so i said sure why not throw it on there. when its all said and done it cost me 150 to get it put it. So! after waiting an hour and a half i get in and start it and it sounds the fucking same!? not any louder not any deeper tone nothing! but.... when i punch it the truck sounds like a fucking broken air hose! it litterly sounds like a vaccume, i am wondering wtf happened, cause in the videos they sounded sweet but mine sounds so freckin stupid! sorry guys just had to vent and any way i can fix my vaccume sounding exhaust?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
K, well I don't know if you can get any sort of refund. But, I'd advise you to get a Wickedflow muffler from Bear River Converters and throw that on there. I think they're around $90 plus install would put you under $150, no more, depending on the shop you have do it.
OR...(sorry, I can't help but laugh at this whole situation)....

OR! I have the muffler from my TRD exhaust ( I swapped it for a Wickedflow right after I got my truck) it has no more than 300 miles on it. I'll sell it to you for $70 plus shipping. It's 2.5"
Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
go back get your money back and then go to a shop that will give you want you want
Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
.....$50 plus shipping
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
this whole situation is a cluster fuck! i am so mad its not even funny! i dont even want to drive my truck now, i just listened to a video clip of a jb or some sort a guy just posted and it sounds sweet as hell! nothing even close to my vaccume of an exhaust!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If it sounds like Air passing thru the muffler, its more restrictive than the OEM one....
Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
jeez dude, calm down. Just go back and get it swapped out for what you want. Its not that big of a deal
Old 08-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #8

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
sorry calm now, but i will call the place tommrow to see what they can do for me
Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man, yeah like everyone else said go back explain and be like sorry take that shit off and go elsewhere or buy a new one and take it with you when you go.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd View Post
sorry calm now, but i will call the place tommrow to see what they can do for me
haha, just messin. Definitely get it taken care of. They shouldn't have sold you that one knowing what you wanted.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
jeez dude, calm down. Just go back and get it swapped out for what you want. Its not that big of a deal
I dont know if mine sounded like crap i would be pissed too.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #12

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
yea the funny thing is i told the guy, listen i dont want a fart can on a civic i want something deep and throaty, grant it nothing will sound like a v8 but still a vaccume? haha come on muffler shop!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea the funny thing is i told the guy, listen i dont want a fart can on a civic i want something deep and throaty, grant it nothing will sound like a v8 but still a vaccume? haha come on muffler shop!
Yea I like deep and throaty too...vacuum sucks. I would've took that shit right back to them after drivin it off their lot.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #14

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
yea i know i should have but i had a bunch of crap to take care after they did it, tommrrow its going back, i am actually embarrassed to drive it now
Old 08-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this whole situation is a cluster fuck! i am so mad its not even funny! i dont even want to drive my truck now, i just listened to a video clip of a jb or some sort a guy just posted and it sounds sweet as hell! nothing even close to my vaccume of an exhaust!
I am curious why you even left the shop without letting them know that this wasn't what you wanted. Rather than call them now, go to the shop and let them know you are not happy. Over the phone it is way too easy for them to weasel out.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #16

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
cause i had an hour and a half to kill for work then had to go back and finish up a bunch of stuff, by the time i got off of work they were closed
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #18

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
yea i will just run up there. have them hear it, i will try to get my money back or at least change it to something that sounds a lot better
Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea i will just run up there. have them hear it, i will try to get my money back or at least change it to something that sounds a lot better
The only thing you have left is to let them know you are not happy. Don't hesitate to ask for what you want. You have nothing to lose by doing it and maybe a whole lot to gain.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #20
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERLH3Q-hCQ