1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking about buying this... need some dealership advice.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98SR5Red, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Well Said

2. Aug 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    hsc001

hsc001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    laurel, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road lifted
    BHLM, 3" toytec coilovers, blacked out billet grille, hella 500's behind grille, volant CAI, Dual flowmasters 40's, HID, DTLT
    I work at a dealership and i see first hand how everything works. First you have to find out what they have in that truck. There is def a mark up in the price and from what i have seen it is usually 1500 to 2500 sometimes more. The warrenty def cost way to much, it is possible the sticker price of the truck is pretty close to what they have in it. That is why they want you to buy the expensive warrenty, they want to make money in the back end of the deal to make up for any loss up front. I would think 15,500 or 15,800 is a reasonable price to pay, and def try to buy this month. It is close to the end of the month so the dealership will try to get out as many cars as possible before the 1st so it is not out of the question for the dealership to let the truck go for 500 to 1000 under what they have in it. Oh also check how long the truck has been on there lot. The longer it sits on the lot the better chance you have of getting it for the lowest they can offer.

3. Aug 24, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Most of your statement pertains to new vehicles from the manufacturer that is standing stock on a dealer's lot but true nonetheless. Used inventory is slightly different but there is usually some wiggle room unless the dealer gave away the farm on the original trade in.

If something doesn't feel right then walk away. Something else will come along.

4. Aug 25, 2010 at 4:23 AM
    98SR5Red

98SR5Red [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Maine/New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    98 SR5
    Sway-Away racerunners up front, Downey leafsprings (5 pack) and Bilstein 5125's in back, 2" body lift, K&N/AEM air intake, Energy Bushings, Nology plug wires, Custom front/rear bumpers and sliders. Downey header and custom exhuast from there back.

Yeah this is what I figured. Based on the "Trade-In" KBB i can't imagine the dealer has more than $13,000 into this truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top