LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

nice cheap fender flares?

Old 08-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
nice cheap fender flares?

Is there any place to buy some fender flares that look about like this

for a 1999 2 door tacoma for less than $200?

How about any decent looking cheap diy ideas. *like lawn edging lol* Actually...does anyone know of any pics of tacomas with lawn edging fenders?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man, If you want those exact factory ones they are expensive as hell brand new from the factory. and I have been trying to find these used for months. no one has them

my suggestion to you would be to buy the bushwacker fenders. since you have a 1999 the bushwackers will work. and go with the (extend-a-fender model) that is the closest one in size to the OEM flares as shown in the pic above.

the bushwackers are about $300 tho. I bought some for my 2004 but they wouldnt fit because of the holes in the fenders on th 01-04 tacos.I just sold mine for $200 to guy on here. go to bushwackers website and check out the (extend-a-fender)
Old 08-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
yeah hard to find
i think if im not mistaken the 98-2000 can use them unless you drill holes
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, I can't really justify spending $300+ on flares. Those Bushwackers looked really nice to. Guess I'm just screwed for awhile...unless I could find some for cheap at a junk yard...
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
david7268 is on a distinguished road
david7268's Tacoma Gallery
Try craigslist.........I've seen a few sets on there.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
saweetlou will become famous soon enough

saweetlou's Tacoma Gallery
Guys the junk yards are full of these trucks(at least around here) just start calling around you should be able to find them, maybe even the same colour.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Good ideas
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saweetlou View Post
Guys the junk yards are full of these trucks(at least around here) just start calling around you should be able to find them, maybe even the same colour.
wish it was that easy here in tampa cant find any at the junk yards here
Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
junglefenderflares.com sells a set for 2.5" coverage for $250. i'm trying to get him to make a set for the 05+
Old 08-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
@ jhodge: thanks, I'll check out the site.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold a set on the For Sale section on this forum.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #12

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
junglefenderflares.com sells a set for 2.5" coverage for $250. i'm trying to get him to make a set for the 05+
I looked into these a while back. The jungle fender flares are wayyyy to big !!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04prerunner View Post
I looked into these a while back. The jungle fender flares are wayyyy to big !!
not if you have the tires for it to cover
Old 11-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #14
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
*resurrecting old topic*

Would the flares off of a newer 1st gen, such as a 2003, fit and older 1st gen, like my 1999?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #15
WASTE MANAGEMENT is on a distinguished road

Name: Travis
WASTE MANAGEMENT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
*resurrecting old topic*

Would the flares off of a newer 1st gen, such as a 2003, fit and older 1st gen, like my 1999?
I don't think so, they changed the shape of the fuel door. The newer trucks have the corner cut off them.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASTE MANAGEMENT View Post
I don't think so, they changed the shape of the fuel door. The newer trucks have the corner cut off them.
oh duh If I had looked at the pic I could've noticed that.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
bladez is on a distinguished road
bladez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASTE MANAGEMENT View Post
The corner was cut off all of them from 95-04. The part number QMI 3-875012 is a stainless cover that fits all of those years and is sold on many websites. The are others offered for sale that also cover all years from 1995-2004.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #18
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking of getting the Jungle fender flares they look sexy.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
I found some fender flares from a 01 Tundra! the front ones fit almost perfectly but the rear ones are to long, wonder if i can make it fit. ill post pics