Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Flares

Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Grandmaster Flash
goatman is on a distinguished road

goatman's Tacoma Gallery
Flares

I want to take my flares off and paint them because of fading, the only problem is I cant complete take the flares off. I have all the bolts off, I just cant figure how to take off the clips or plugs without breaking them.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
get on ebay and order more they are cheaper then dealership! and rip them off
Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
beach_yota03 is on a distinguished road

Name: jonny
beach_yota03's Tacoma Gallery
ya theres no getting out of breaking them. i just took mine off a few days ago. broke almost everyone
Old 08-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach_yota03 View Post
ya theres no getting out of breaking them. i just took mine off a few days ago. broke almost everyone

lol ya me too. I broke all of mine
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatman View Post
I want to take my flares off and paint them because of fading, the only problem is I cant complete take the flares off. I have all the bolts off, I just cant figure how to take off the clips or plugs without breaking them.
You have a couple of options before you take them off. Some say a magic eraser will bring them back to black, others have said mothers back to black. I personally use turtle wax ice and it makes them look brand new. Also 303 aerospace protectant works well to. JDKeller just used bedliner on his and they look great and he didn't remove them he just masked them off well.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Grandmaster Flash
goatman is on a distinguished road

goatman's Tacoma Gallery
Well I finished it and only broke about four of them. The flares stayed on and it looks good. Hopefully the paint doesn't chip for awhile!