Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steering wheel shaking and vibration

Old 08-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Steering wheel shaking and vibration

There have ben many threads about steering wheel shaking and vibration at around 45MPH to 70 MPH. I myself have had this problem.For some time. I have had my tires balanced many of times with no success. Well I am here to tell you guys that it is a diffinate tire balance issue. I just had my tires rebalanced from another tire shop.This guy took his time would not give up until it was right. It took him about an hour and a half. After driving it around for a day. It is as smoth as glass. No more shaking of the steering wheel. Man that is a great feeling. I am running BFGs AT. 31x10.50R15.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome dude. I had the same issue after I got a set of Goodyears. Took 4 balances. But the manager that did it did everything in his power to get it right. Now it's like driving a giant pillow.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
97_tacoma is on a distinguished road
97_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I also had a lot of trouble getting my tires balanced. Had to take it back 3 times to get rebalanced and it still wasn't right. Then I found a tsb online about a tire balancer adapter for 5 and 6 lug Toyota wheels. The Haweka adapter made a huge improvement in the balancing of my tires.

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/tsb/Toyot...r/tsu00296.pdf
Old 08-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Ya, I have heard of it. But local tire shops here in Phoenix Az have not. At least not the once I called. ( discount tire, goodyear ect.) Glad to hear thay got your right.