Notices

tire vibration?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
r0cky is on a distinguished road
Air Force: aircraft mechanic
r0cky's Tacoma Gallery
tire vibration?

Hello, all,

Having a problem with vibration on my 02 Prerunner regular cab. I've had the tires(Goodyear) balanced twice and still have a bad vibration between 55 and 70 or so. I guess it could be one or more of the tires but they're probably only about half-worn. Can it be coming from misalignment or tie rod ends? Or is this common on all short bed regular cab Prerunners?

Thanks,
R0cky
Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of tires? m/t or a/t and how many miles
Old 08-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Find a shop that takes pride in what thay do. Tell them to take there time.Hang in there its definately a tire balance problem.
There have ben many threads about steering wheel shaking and vibration at around 45MPH to 70 MPH. I myself have had this problem.For some time. I have had my tires balanced many of times with no success. Well I am here to tell you guys that it is a diffinate tire balance issue. I just had my tires rebalanced from another tire shop.This guy took his time would not give up until it was right. It took him about an hour and a half. After driving it around for a day. It is as smoth as glass. No more shaking of the steering wheel. Man that is a great feeling. I am running BFGs AT. 31x10.50R15.