Well I got around to tinting my taillights yesterday. The niteshades can has been sitting in the cabinet for a few weeks begging to be used. I decided to tape off the reverse part of the lens to keep them nice and bright. I rubbed them down with alcohol first then shot the tint on them. After a few hours I went back with clear gloss (I was going for the shiny look). I don't know what happened, but the clear was appearing silver on top of the tint . It made it way darker too. So I began wet sanding with 1000 then 2000 grit and got it down to the tint. So I decided to leave it the matte color that comes naturally and not screw it up again with clear. Here's how it turned out:
I really like the way it came out. It's the first step to my blackout process. I'm planning on painting the bumpers and the badges black.