Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tinted the Tails

Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tinted the Tails

Well I got around to tinting my taillights yesterday. The niteshades can has been sitting in the cabinet for a few weeks begging to be used. I decided to tape off the reverse part of the lens to keep them nice and bright. I rubbed them down with alcohol first then shot the tint on them. After a few hours I went back with clear gloss (I was going for the shiny look). I don't know what happened, but the clear was appearing silver on top of the tint . It made it way darker too. So I began wet sanding with 1000 then 2000 grit and got it down to the tint. So I decided to leave it the matte color that comes naturally and not screw it up again with clear. Here's how it turned out:

I really like the way it came out. It's the first step to my blackout process. I'm planning on painting the bumpers and the badges black.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man looks awesome!!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i like it
Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. At least someone appreciates them. My whole family was making fun of me and I was proud as could be this morning and I pointed it out to all my friends and they were like umm why? They just don't get it...
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
well they just be unappreciative bitches