Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New KYBs, truck still doesn't feel right...

Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
a4bry4 is on a distinguished road
a4bry4's Tacoma Gallery
New KYBs, truck still doesn't feel right...

I just had new KYB Gas A Just struts and shocks on my '99 Extra Cab 4x4.
I thought since the truck has 113k and still rolling on the original shocks and struts, it would improve the ride.
The ride has improved, however, it seems like when I hit a bump or freeway expansion joint on crappy CA freeways, the truck rocks from side to side.
Any suggestions on what other suspension bits I might need?

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
rocks from side to side? Do you have your swaybar on?

Get stiffer springs.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4bry4 View Post
I just had new KYB Gas A Just struts and shocks on my '99 Extra Cab 4x4.
I thought since the truck has 113k and still rolling on the original shocks and struts, it would improve the ride.
The ride has improved, however, it seems like when I hit a bump or freeway expansion joint on crappy CA freeways, the truck rocks from side to side.
Any suggestions on what other suspension bits I might need?

Thanks!
Well, the next thing to check would be your springs. The coil springs in front and the leaf springs in the rear. The shocks just slow down the springs recoil so they'll be less bounce, but if they're weak, the shocks can really only do so much.