LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adding lights to 1st gen front bumper

Old 08-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Adding lights to 1st gen front bumper

Would like to add some lights primarily for offroad driving use to the front of my 1st gen tacoma - since relatively inexpensive prerunner type bars are almost impossible to find, i figure i'll just mount them to the top of the bumper in front of the grill - i believe i've seen it done in pics here.

question - anyone recommend any particular lights since i figure they probably have to be somewhat shallow to mount there -

and are there any switches that are toyota factory that will fit in the two unused openings to the right of the two auxillary power outlets below the ashtray?

thanks for any help...
Old 08-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
prob some hella 500 lights

and these switches fit in the stock mount spot, i have this switch in my truck

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led
Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i have this pic cause i was thinking about doing the same thing years ago...

Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i have this pic cause i was thinking about doing the same thing years ago...

thanks!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have a close up of the red ext-cab with bumper lights??
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
heres a pic of what cmacks lights look like on his truck just to give ya an idea,his is a '99
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
since relatively inexpensive prerunner type bars are almost impossible to find
I know what you mean. There's plenty for 2nd gens, but not 1st. That's why I gave up looking. I've found 1 or 2, but they were wicked $$$$.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I did mine a lil differently than the on top of bumper style. I'll try to find the link to the thread about it
Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Here's the link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...nt-lights.html
Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
adammikolon will become famous soon enoughadammikolon will become famous soon enough
Name: Adam
adammikolon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
prob some hella 500 lights

and these switches fit in the stock mount spot, i have this switch in my truck

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led
i'm pretty sure i once saw a switch similar to that which would also fit in the stock spot in the JEGS catalog for like 3 bucks....just in case you wanna save a few dollars....
Old 08-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
since relatively inexpensive prerunner type bars are almost impossible to find...
Are you talking about a prerunner bar thing thats the whole bumper or just one of the light bars that mount to the bumper itself?

Like this...
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Is that your truck???
Old 08-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #14
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a decent light bar. Run ya ab 250
http://www.defianttruckproducts.com/...y_part/327.php
Old 08-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Are you talking about a prerunner bar thing thats the whole bumper or just one of the light bars that mount to the bumper itself?

Like this...
either really... just having decent options - there's so few of them for 1st gens. did you have yours custom made?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #16
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Like this...
nfab actually calls this their "prerunner" style bumper but like ya said it doesnt eliminate the stock one it just goes over it.
heres another pic for ya OP of nfabs prerunner bumper.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #17

Quote:
either really... just having decent options - there's so few of them for 1st gens. did you have yours custom made?
That's not mine, it's just a pic of a tacoma with one. But I have one of these that I was gonna install on my truck but I decided not to. Where are you located? I'll sell you mine for 50 bucks if your'e in nor cal.

Here's the one I have:
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that your truck???
Yerp...PM reply sent.