Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

dump the exhaust?

Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
98fourbangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
dump the exhaust?

I have been debating just cutting my exhaust right after the factory muffler and wielding a turn down on to get rid of that nasty looking pipe that comes out behind the passenger tire mainly but my pipe also hits my leafs at full flex and I think it would just give the truck a cleaner look, has anyone else done this to varify if it changes sound or anything, thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
I have had dumps on my Mustang for years... I will never go back to tail pipes on it. I would not hesitate doing a dump on your Tacoma either. When I get far enough along with mine to put a muffler on it... Thats where it will be ending as well.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
zxbryantx is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
zxbryantx's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't noticed anything different about mine.. it dumps off right after the muffler.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you would notice any power or fuel milage differences, but it looks cleaner and give a little more tone.

I love the rumble my mustang has with the dumps, but 510whp will no doubt give it more rumble.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98fourbangertaco View Post
I have been debating just cutting my exhaust right after the factory muffler and wielding a turn down on to get rid of that nasty looking pipe that comes out behind the passenger tire mainly but my pipe also hits my leafs at full flex and I think it would just give the truck a cleaner look, has anyone else done this to varify if it changes sound or anything, thanks
I cut my tailpipe when I put on the new spring packs. Had to, it wasn't going to clear. I cut it after it goes over the axle. Dumps between the spare tire and the leaf spring. Definitely changed the sound of the magnaflow. It sounds OK but I'm not sure if I like it better or not.