Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for advice on new front suspension

Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
weimar97 is on a distinguished road
weimar97's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for advice on new front suspension

I have a 2001 PreRunner with the 2.7L 4-cyl (106,xxx miles) and my driver's side front coil is shot. I've been to a couple shops and they all agree that the front suspension needs to be replaced. They've each said that the rear suspension needs to be replaced as well.

I'm not looking to lift my truck so therefore I'm not looking for something outrageous. I just want to replace the front suspension as well as the rear. I don't have a clue of what to get and I'm trying to be as economical (read: cheap) as I can with what I purchase. I found some last week on autoparts.com that were $88 a piece (coilover and shock made by Replacements(?)) but now the exact same item is $159.00. I "chatted" with live help and found them to be not much help.

What do you guys suggest? I've done the searches but all the responses I've read pertained to lifting the truck, etc.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We have stock height replacement packs for the rear, and can set you up with inexpensive shocks and coils for the front, as well as any other parts you may need.
www.wheelersoffroad.com
Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
What is your budget? For the parts? And for labor if you're not installing everything yourself?

For the rear - depending on the condition of your current leaf packs - you may buy some time by doing an AAL and not replacing the entire pack. That would leave you with more to spend on shocks and coils. Save up and do the full leaf swap later on. Wheelers/Alcan 4 leaf replacements will keep you at stock height. If you do want to replace the entire pack they would be a good choice. And watch out for YotaDan...he'll talk you into buying way too much if you're not careful (I kid).