Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

questions about noises on my new tacoma

Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
questions about noises on my new tacoma

I just test drove a 2000 tacoma today. I have a few questions tho. The clutch was very squeeky....any idea on what whout fix this? and the power steering pump was ungodly load but steered fine...any ideas on that? thanks for all the help!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

any one?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Sport Rally'er
96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of96er has much to be proud of

96er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
I just test drove a 2000 tacoma today. I have a few questions tho. The clutch was very squeeky....any idea on what whout fix this? and the power steering pump was ungodly load but steered fine...any ideas on that? thanks for all the help!
squeaky clutch is very common, you can hit all the moving parts with some white lithium spray there is also a fix posted somewhere here regarding the replacement of a plastic piece.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #4

ok thanks for the help
Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #5

should i just replace my power steering pump?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
squeaky how? like, every time you pushed the pedal in squeaky, or chirping, or what? if its whenever you push the pedal in, does it happen when the truck is off too?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #7

ya clutch wise ya if i push the clutch in it squeeks with the truck on or off.....im guessing there some kind of spring that needs to be replaced? power steering wise when you start the truck the loud whine begins and gets louder if i steer.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
spray some white lithium on the arm that goes thru the firewall and cycle the clutch a few times.

if that doesnt seem to help, it could be the bushing in the clutch return spring...

the bushing on my pedal broke and was causing a horribly annoying squeak, so i took the old spring out and replaced it with a different type...http://www.yotatech.com/f2/fixed-stu...bushing-19137/
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #9

ok, ill check it out next time im wrenchin on the taco...thanks for the advice