1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

failed the frame test

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacosuprem, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    04prerunner

04prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kyle
    tampa, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner
    stock
    :rofl:

2. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    04prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    kyle
    tampa, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner
    stock
    :eek:

3. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    04prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    kyle
    tampa, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner
    stock
    hahaha, well said

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    tacosuprem

tacosuprem [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Well they never said anything on how long i have owned it. Also on the recall/warranty papers they gave me said nothing on how long you have to own it.

So i did what the dealership told me what to do and i took my truck in some mud tonight. My truck smells like ass now...nasty florida mud...:mudding::D

5. Sep 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    doug2001

doug2001 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Sissonville, WV
    Vehicle:
    01 ext cab 4x4 sr5
    PLEASE HELP/ANY ADVICE?? Q: What is the average wait time between failed frame inspection and frame Replacement?

I got my frame inspected over a year ago (sep09). it FAILED the inspection.
    the dealership told me "in a month or so" they would get me in for a replacement frame. Long story short: after monthly calls thru June2010 to the dealership and a few calls to corporate pleading for assistance, (I moved in July, closer to another dealership) tried to see if they would help, Initially they apologized, told me I should not have had to wait, and I would be riding on a new frame by 01SEP10 Needless to say, now they are telling me I am at the back of the line and it will be several months.
    My family (TWO CHILDREN) are riding around on a failed frame for OVER A YEAR!. I have no choice; I can't trade or sell due to having a failed frame, so I cannot replace the unsafe vehicle. I have tried BBB and the Attorney General, but they accept Toyota's canned reply that they will work to repair my vehicle, and "call customer service" which I have called to the point of exhaustion literally begging for help.
    I registered on this site in the hopes someone out there could help us before it is too late. Please help if you can. Thanx guys,
    doug

6. Sep 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    When I took mine in they told me It didn't matter how long I'd owned it. Hell, they didn't even realize I owned it. They never asked for any kind of ID (couldn't imagine why they would) and the lady called me some weird name at the end of it and I was like uhhh... what? They still had the original owner in their system as the owner. She was like "Oh I'll change that right away". I guess they don't have access to the state's registration database.

7. Sep 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    tacosuprem

tacosuprem [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    4x4

Sounds like the dealerships are f***ing with you. From time of inspection you should get a call between 7-10 days. My dealership told me that it would take less than a week to get the parts. You should get a free rental when your truck fails the test. i know there is more people on here that know more. You should try to post a new topic of this.

Products Discussed in

To Top