Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

front end noise

Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
newb
TacoMo510 is on a distinguished road

TacoMo510's Tacoma Gallery
front end noise

i just did a brake job and everything seemed fine before that. now there is a consistent "clunk" sound coming from my driver's side front end. sometimes it almost sounds as if i have a flat tire. and when rolling at around 0-10mph the clunk is heard much more clearly and it sounds more like a screeching/grinding noise. also when making hard turns i can feel it under the floorboard.

it hasn't affected my driving much. it sounds much worse than how it actually handles, i mean, i can barely feel it through the steering wheel at all.

my uncle said he had gone through a similar situation and that i should check out and replace the cv boot. is there anything else i should also take a look at?

this has been driving me crazy and i can't quite figure it out. PLEASE HELP!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure. Sounds kinda like a cv. Did it do that before the brake job?
If there semi or metalic pads, they might grind for a bit but not make the sound you are describing.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
newb
TacoMo510 is on a distinguished road

TacoMo510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Not sure. Sounds kinda like a cv. Did it do that before the brake job?
If there semi or metalic pads, they might grind for a bit but not make the sound you are describing.
it didn't do it before at all. it seems as if it has gradually gotten worse after the brake job.

yeah, i know it's not the brakes.