1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

carpet..

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by beach_yota03, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    beach_yota03

beach_yota03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jonny
    wilmington, north carolina
    Vehicle:
    03 taco sr5
    so im thinkin about takin my carpet out. is there a lot of wires and how does it look with it out?

2. Aug 25, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Most of the in cab wiring should be out of the way, at least directly under your feet and under the seat, as most of it is routed under the plastic step molding near the door. The drivers side will also have the seat belt indicator plug as well (but it can be tucked away if you want. Light stays off with nothing plugged in.)

You might have to worry a little bit about some of the wires directly under the dash, but I see no reason why you couldn't just zip tie those up out of the way.

I never fully removed mine, but I did run partially to run some wires for seat warmers. Its not the prettiest under there, but I guess if you were to put down some bed liner or something, it'd still be functional. I'm sure the carpet does deaden a lot of the road noise though, so thats something to think about as well.

Unless you're converting your truck to an offroad only type of vehicle, I'd probably recommend against it.

Here's what a 2nd gen looks like stripped, although a first gen doesn't have that front wall under the seats, I'd expect about the same. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/96683-took-water.html

I guess the real question is if there's a reason you really dont want the carpet, and if that reason offsets looks and functionality. Personally, I'd recommend against it unless its an offroad vehicle.

Products Discussed in

To Top