Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

carpet..

Old 08-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
beach_yota03 is on a distinguished road

Name: jonny
beach_yota03's Tacoma Gallery
carpet..

so im thinkin about takin my carpet out. is there a lot of wires and how does it look with it out?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the in cab wiring should be out of the way, at least directly under your feet and under the seat, as most of it is routed under the plastic step molding near the door. The drivers side will also have the seat belt indicator plug as well (but it can be tucked away if you want. Light stays off with nothing plugged in.)

You might have to worry a little bit about some of the wires directly under the dash, but I see no reason why you couldn't just zip tie those up out of the way.

I never fully removed mine, but I did run partially to run some wires for seat warmers. Its not the prettiest under there, but I guess if you were to put down some bed liner or something, it'd still be functional. I'm sure the carpet does deaden a lot of the road noise though, so thats something to think about as well.

Unless you're converting your truck to an offroad only type of vehicle, I'd probably recommend against it.

Here's what a 2nd gen looks like stripped, although a first gen doesn't have that front wall under the seats, I'd expect about the same. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ook-water.html

I guess the real question is if there's a reason you really dont want the carpet, and if that reason offsets looks and functionality. Personally, I'd recommend against it unless its an offroad vehicle.