Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Grey wire mod

Old 07-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Grey wire mod

Hey all, I have an 02 regular cab MANUAL 4x4 that I want to do the grey wire locker mod on, will it work??
I dont want to tear anything up, but if it works can you send me the link or any advice?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the link to the grey wire mod w/ pics.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs 02 Taco View Post
Hey all, I have an 02 regular cab MANUAL 4x4 that I want to do the grey wire locker mod on, will it work??
I dont want to tear anything up, but if it works can you send me the link or any advice?
i thought i sent you a link already?? if not.....here ya go.......2003greenbean did the write-up. pretty easy to follow, and lots of folks have done it without any problem at all..............here is the link...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-wire-mod.html

and its in here also........i think anyway..

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...acoma.html#sus
Old 07-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i thought i sent you a link already?? if not.....here ya go.......2003greenbean did the write-up. pretty easy to follow, and lots of folks have done it without any problem at all..............here is the link...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-wire-mod.html

and its in here also........i think anyway..

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...acoma.html#sus
Sorry man, I tried to send him a PM but I just realized you gave me his screenname backwards, which is why it wouldnt send
Old 07-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Do you even have the locker?
I dont know, how do I find this out
Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont know, how do I find this out
Do you have a button on the dash (left of steering wheel) that says RR Diff Lock (or something along those lines). If not, you don't have the locker and this mod would do absolutely nothing for you.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry man, I tried to send him a PM but I just realized you gave me his screenname backwards, which is why it wouldnt send
oops......sorry bout that man!!! hopefully, the link i posted will help you out.

05tacotrd is right though.....if you have no locker, it wont do nything for you. the rear diff lock is on the trd tacomas, doesnt come on the tacomas with just the sr5 package.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #9

Thanks for your help guys, I guess I am just Taco oblivious...
All I have is a button that has something to do with the clutch
This advice makes the mod way easier than I thought, no tools= no worries