Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Well my day has pretty much blowed!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Unhappy Well my day has pretty much blowed!

Ok well it all started a couple of weeks ago when i noticed a oil leak in my garage. well i checked it out and i was almost sure that it was oil pan gasket. well college hit me pretty hard and i was completly broke. i didnt have the money to fix it so i just kept oil in it until today. i went to the parts store and bought a oil pan gasket. a oil filter, belts,and 6 quarts of Royal Purple. everyone knows how pricy that stuff is. well my total was like $120 and some odd number. well i go back to the house and take the pan off and start gettin to work. after 4hrs of hard work and thinkin im done. i drive to the gas station to fill it up. well once i get back i look under tha truck and notice im still leakin. so i pop the hood, and notice the crankshaft pulley is wobling really bad. so i pretty much slam hood and go inside to cool off. turns out it wasnt the oil pan, money wasted. and now its lookin like im gonna need a new crankshaft and im not doing that. so i guess a new motor. god, what i do for my tacoma.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
neeed new truuuuck
Old 08-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
Ok well it all started a couple of weeks ago when i noticed a oil leak in my garage. well i checked it out and i was almost sure that it was oil pan gasket. well college hit me pretty hard and i was completly broke. i didnt have the money to fix it so i just kept oil in it until today. i went to the parts store and bought a oil pan gasket. a oil filter, belts,and 6 quarts of Royal Purple. everyone knows how pricy that stuff is. well my total was like $120 and some odd number. well i go back to the house and take the pan off and start gettin to work. after 4hrs of hard work and thinkin im done. i drive to the gas station to fill it up. well once i get back i look under tha truck and notice im still leakin. so i pop the hood, and notice the crankshaft pulley is wobling really bad. so i pretty much slam hood and go inside to cool off. turns out it wasnt the oil pan, money wasted. and now its lookin like im gonna need a new crankshaft and im not doing that. so i guess a new motor. god, what i do for my tacoma.
Cranshaft pulley loose, Are you sure bolt did not come off? Did you try tightening ?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Check a few things before just assuming you need a new motor. Check the front crankshaft seal. Maybe the pulley came loose and you have a bad CS seal? Just check the small things first before dropping money into a new motor.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah sounds like the bolt backed out and now your pully is wobbling around. Also your crankshaft seal is probably leaking. When was the last time the T belt was done?

edit, nevermind, you have a 4 cyl. This will not be a very difficult job.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Cranshaft pulley loose, Are you sure bolt did not come off? Did you try tightening ?
yes i tried tightning it and it was tight
Old 08-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Yeah sounds like the bolt backed out and now your pully is wobbling around. Also your crankshaft seal is probably leaking. When was the last time the T belt was done?

edit, nevermind, you have a 4 cyl. This will not be a very difficult job.
were gonna get things checked out before we invest ina new motor. I did the timing chain about a year ago.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What 4cyl do you have the 2.4 or 2.7? And any abnormal engine noise? If its wobbling I wonder if that could mean bad harmonic balancers?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
What 4cyl do you have the 2.4 or 2.7? And any abnormal engine noise? If its wobbling I wonder if that could mean bad harmonic balancers?
It's a 2.7, it kind of nocks a little bit, but not so much when in higher RPM's. but i have no clue. i have never had this happen.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

I dont have a 4cyl but if the crank was wobling like you said, you would know it because the whole motor would sound really ANGRY when it was running, if it ran at all. Dont throw in the towel, check to make sure crank pully is torqued down, and did you hit something to warp/bend pully? Also if pully is not seated or square are your belts showing signs of extreme wear? Also causes seal wear. Just remember the crank is the heart of your motor, bad crank is equal to low oil pressure. GOOD LUCK