Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1997 exhaust?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
1997 exhaust?

I am Looking at replacing my 1997 Tacoma exhaust with a JBA part# 40-9013. Any comments?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
JBA makes a good exhaust.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered that exhaust and im freakin psyched theres a thread with a sound bite on it on here just search it but it sounds prettty good especially for the price
Old 08-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
let me know what you how that works out for you.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just came in today im going to try and install it this week hopefully tomorrow but who knows. the construction looks beefy as hell a solid exhaust to say the least. they advertise as being 2.25 inches in diameter but i measured it just because it looks so big and it is 2.5 inches instead, no complaints there as long as i dont lose too much low end. all in all it looks pretty damn good the tips nice at a 45 degree angle and the rest looks pretty killer cant wait to throw her on.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
cool. Did you order the gasket for oxy senssor and the between the cat? I am having trouble finding these on line. I think I will goto the dealer to get these. Thought about replacing the oxy sensor but I think I will reuse the old one. No need to fix what is not broken.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #7

it came with a gasket for the o2 sensor but not one for the cat. ill try and reuse mine as im getting pretty impatient with my truck and dont wanna spend another week trying to find a gasket lol i may just use some rtv or get it welded up
Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #8

finally got her installed today if you have alot of rust it will take forever to take off the old system granted i didnt really use the right tools (angle grinder) ended up with a new o2 sensor as well since those bolts were both stripped and rusted and i couldnt fit the grinder in there with the sheild thing. sounds pretty good not exactly what i was going for but hey it still has some break in time. the butt dyno doesnt like the 2.5 inch piping although im pretty sure everywhere it was advertised it was 2.25 inch but oh well. id say for the price its a decent exhaust though you can really only hear it when your on the gas anything else and it quites up slight rumble/growl to it. i think the best my truck has ever sounded was when i just took everything off after the cat and drove around like that