Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Battery replacement question

Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Bernard is on a distinguished road
Name: Bernard
Bernard's Tacoma Gallery
Battery replacement question

Hiya! I just bought a used 2003 Tacoma extended cab...and the next morning when I tried to start it, I got the dreaded starter solenoid click. I put a trickle charger on the battery for 2 hours, and afterward it started right up. After sitting unmoved in the driveway for four hours, when I tried to start it again, the battery was too weak to start the engine.
My question is this. If I change the battery, are there security codes for the radio which will need to be input for the radio to work again? The reason I ask is that I had a Honda wagon previously, and it was necessary to do this when the battery was disconnected.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Hiya! I just bought a used 2003 Tacoma extended cab...and the next morning when I tried to start it, I got the dreaded starter solenoid click. I put a trickle charger on the battery for 2 hours, and afterward it started right up. After sitting unmoved in the driveway for four hours, when I tried to start it again, the battery was too weak to start the engine.
My question is this. If I change the battery, are there security codes for the radio which will need to be input for the radio to work again? The reason I ask is that I had a Honda wagon previously, and it was necessary to do this when the battery was disconnected.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Although my factory radio was already replaced by the time I got my truck, in looking through the factory service manual, I dont see anything about an unlock code. Also, in the months that I've been here, I dont ever remember reading about anyone having their radio lock up if the battery is disconnected, so I think you'll be good.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine there are no "codes" as you speak of, if anything you'll just loose your preset radio stations.