Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

exhaust tip????

Old 08-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
swsteven will become famous soon enough
swsteven's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust tip????

01 tacoma trd, looking for flat black exhaust tip?? any have pics ,know of a brand? where can i buy? and specs as in width of pipe?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if anybody makes a black exhaust tip, but i'm sure you can buy another tip and use a high temp paint and paint it black.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
swsteven will become famous soon enough
swsteven's Tacoma Gallery
that is a option that i might have to do
Old 08-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
I know you can get high temp paint at autozone.

Check out these links also.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tip-color.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...aust-tips.html
Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #5
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
I know RBP (Rolling Big Power) makes nice flat black tips but they're made for diesel trucks and are huge.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #6

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Th guy had his done by somebody.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ack-build.html
It is at the end of his first post.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Ceddyced is on a distinguished road
Ceddyced's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered black tip today for my Tacoma.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A50492A1.aspx
Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
google, ractive black exhaust tip.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #9
D.Holliday is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army Infantry (5 years; Veteran)
Name: Jon
D.Holliday's Tacoma Gallery
Just in case...

I know this thread is old, but just putting it out there unless anyone comes across it and looking.. I have a 2nd Gen and not sure the specs for a 1st Gen pipe but this is bolt-on from 1.75" to 2.5" inlet, 3.75" outlet, 9" in length. Gives a barely noticeable nice hum to your exhaust. $22 bucks at Auto-Zone..

I plan to cut the pipe back a couple inches past the flare (sticks out a little further then I like), then paint the stock piping high-temp flat black and weld the tip on. Just personal preference.

Also have a video with it on, taken with my iPhone but gives an alright idea of how it sounds...
Attached Thumbnails
exhaust tip????-photo-1.jpg   exhaust tip????-photo-2.jpg   exhaust tip????-photo-3.jpg   exhaust tip????-photo-4.jpg   exhaust tip????-photo-5.jpg  

Old 05-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #10
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
back when i had my 99, i bought a trd xrunner tip and painted it with high temp paint intended for headers. it worked and looked great
Old 05-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
back when i had my 99, i bought a trd xrunner tip and painted it with high temp paint intended for headers. it worked and looked great
I've used the high temp paint for headers as well and it has always worked awesome, It holds up like a champ.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #12
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how that flat black exhaust would look on a BSP Taco?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
muddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
muddog67's Tacoma Gallery
what size pipe ? is it a 2.50 inch tip I should buy ?
Old 08-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #14
muddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddog67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
muddog67's Tacoma Gallery
Just took your advice and ran down to Auto Zone and picked up the same tip . Thanks for the info .
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Holliday View Post
I know this thread is old, but just putting it out there unless anyone comes across it and looking.. I have a 2nd Gen and not sure the specs for a 1st Gen pipe but this is bolt-on from 1.75" to 2.5" inlet, 3.75" outlet, 9" in length. Gives a barely noticeable nice hum to your exhaust. $22 bucks at Auto-Zone..

I plan to cut the pipe back a couple inches past the flare (sticks out a little further then I like), then paint the stock piping high-temp flat black and weld the tip on. Just personal preference.

Also have a video with it on, taken with my iPhone but gives an alright idea of how it sounds...
Attached Thumbnails
exhaust tip????-2014-08-09-07.01.54.jpg  
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddog67 View Post
Just took your advice and ran down to Auto Zone and picked up the same tip . Thanks for the info .

Nice! That looks killer!